The Student Room Group

Courtauld 2013

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is applying to the Courtauld for a BA in History of Art in September 2013? What grades are you applying with? Have you finished your Personal Statement or how is it going? Where else are you applying? Why do you want to go, and what makes it stand out from other, larger universities? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by BritishHarrier
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is applying to the Courtauld for a BA in History of Art in September 2013? What grades are you applying with? Have you finished your Personal Statement or how is it going? Where else are you applying? Why do you want to go, and what makes it stand out from other, larger universities? :smile:

Hi! I have applied there, Cambridge and UCL. My grades are from the portuguese system - as such, they would probably mean little to you -, but my predicted grades are, to give an example, Cambridge's minimum, probably. I have finished my PS already, of course, and I spoke about art and its relation to the "human" world, per se. Courtauld is really a dream... A university entirely dedicated to History of Art? I think the "intimate" experience would benefit anyone immensely, of course, and the chance of getting to know the works of art up close would be sensational.
Original post by aferreira
Hi! I have applied there, Cambridge and UCL. My grades are from the portuguese system - as such, they would probably mean little to you -, but my predicted grades are, to give an example, Cambridge's minimum, probably. I have finished my PS already, of course, and I spoke about art and its relation to the "human" world, per se. Courtauld is really a dream... A university entirely dedicated to History of Art? I think the "intimate" experience would benefit anyone immensely, of course, and the chance of getting to know the works of art up close would be sensational.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! Three fantastic universities, so I wish you the best of luck with all of those! My grades aren't standard A-Levels as well, but they are English grades. I finished my P.S a couple of weeks ago, I took a show instead of tell attitude, so I hope that works! The Courtauld is definitely my first choice, and is certainly a dream for me as well, but hopefully it can be a reality! Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest