The Student Room Group

Mixed signals? Help please.

Hi, I've been getting closer to a girl in my "friendship group" at uni and I'm quite interested in her.

Last week, I was striking up a conversation with her on facebook each day in an attempt to get to know her (we're both quite shy so we don't speak much while at uni, we do both exchange and laugh at each others jokes etc. though!). She replies with full answers and sometimes draws on the conversation.

However, over the past few days, she's barely been on facebook. Meanwhile, she's been acting differently during lectures. We both happen to keep sitting next to each other and she often plays with her hair/fingers and seems to sneak looks at me every now and then. I also noticed that she doesn't seem to have any problems nudging me with her elbow when randomly fiddling with her bag (for seemingly no reason what so ever).

Anyway, earlier today, we were both together alone for an hour and a half. We both went to the student union and sat on sofas facing each other, we then pretty much sat in silence (her on her laptop, and me listening to music/reading random stuff I could find in my bag).
I noticed that despite not sitting directly opposite me, her body was facing towards me. Also, every few minutes, I saw her eyes flick up from her laptop towards me.

Although, she seems to get on quite well with an other guy in the group and seems able to freely strike up a conversation/talk to him (i.e. she isn't shy around him). He also lives in the same block as her in our halls, whilst I don't.

Is there a chance that she likes me? If so, why would she suddenly stop being readily available on facebook :confused:
Reply 1
Maybe she's on her period or something?
Reply 2
using her not being on facebook as an indication into whether or not she likes you is silly. She may just not have gone on their due to being busy or whatever.

Her eyes may be flicking up because it was obvious you were just reading random stuff or something.
Maybe she feels you're not comfortable talkin to her?
Reply 3
I'm probably just looking into things too much :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by elldeegee
using her not being on facebook as an indication into whether or not she likes you is silly. She may just not have gone on their due to being busy or whatever.

I know, I know. Her absence just feels a bit.. odd :tongue:

Her eyes may be flicking up because it was obvious you were just reading random stuff or something.
Maybe she feels you're not comfortable talkin to her?

Even when I was just sat leaning back listening to music (and not reading), she was still doing it. :s-smilie:
Ask the mighty Oracle.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm probably just looking into things too much :frown:

Yep....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think she likes you, but being on facebook is no indication of that (maybe she has a life outside of facebook!!??) Try talk to her more when you see her around uni and maybe she'll get over her shyness. Also when you were sitting with your music/laptop whatever, why couldn't you strike up conversation, why did it have to be her? If you want her to talk to you, talk to her first, the worse that could happen is that she politely tells you that she's really busy with whatever she's doing so can't talk. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by sherlocked37
I think she likes you, but being on facebook is no indication of that (maybe she has a life outside of facebook!!??) Try talk to her more when you see her around uni and maybe she'll get over her shyness. Also when you were sitting with your music/laptop whatever, why couldn't you strike up conversation, why did it have to be her? If you want her to talk to you, talk to her first, the worse that could happen is that she politely tells you that she's really busy with whatever she's doing so can't talk. :smile:

I honestly did really want to strike up a conversation. I just felt really awkward and nervous :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I honestly did really want to strike up a conversation. I just felt really awkward and nervous :frown:

just say something about anything. Even if it's something funny about what you watched last night or anything.
Ask her if she's seen a particular film, if so talk about it and ask her opinions on it?
IF she hasnt then seen that film... i dunno invite her over to watch it some time? haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending