The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by paella95
Completely agree. So many people keep telling me I'll get in and I need to stop fretting, and they think I'm just being modest when I explain how unlikely it is and how most people don't and how they turn away good applicants every year - it's going to be so awkward when I get rejected and have to tell them.

This is literally my current situation as well!
Hello, I'm new to TSR- kept checking this thread so thought I'd join in!
On Thursday I got invited to interview at Mansfield for English- still can't believe it! Can't wait but also terrified!:smile:
It's great to hear from other people in the same boat. Good luck everyone.
Reply 782
Has anyone heard from E&M St Catherine's College???
Original post by ellenchan

No, *mike is also waiting
Anyone heard from St Anne's? English and Francais hopeful here who has heard rien.
Reply 785
Has anyone heard from Worcester about Linguistics? Or from any college about Linguistics? :tongue: Getting really fed up of waiting now...
Reply 786
Got back from weekend break to find an email waiting for me...apparently I'm invited for interview for English at Oriel. :cry2: I thought I'd screwed up the ELAT beyond saving. I am just so grateful and so EXCITED!
Reply 787
Original post by ellenchan

Original post by tooambitious
No, *mike is also waiting

C'est moi, and I emailed them the other day, they said they will be sending out responses on Tues and Weds. Good luck!!
Original post by mrlufc3131
Can't win eh! And you meaning leaving Oxford? On the Thursday evening unless they need me for longer, although I have an open return so will stay 'til whenever!:smile: what about you? You coming from far away?

I've decided to stay until Saturday just incase I do get an interview on Friday. I know a few people who will be there then so if I don't have an interview on Friday, I'll just wander about Oxford with them :tongue: I'm coming from Scotland so it's going to be a long journey! Where are you leaving from?
Reply 789
Original post by Scatach
I'm also waiting for History from Queen's :tongue:

Oh really? Nice to meet you! Have you heard yet?
I'm really nervous!
Any news from St Peter's E&M?
Reply 791
Original post by vicky1234
Oh really? Nice to meet you! Have you heard yet?
I'm really nervous!

Nice to meet you too Vicky, I'm Matt :smile:

Nope I haven't heard anything yet, but we have until I believe Wednesday before we definitely have to know? So there's a few days left yet.

I'm not optimistic about an interview really, my application was more of a "well it's worth a shot" sort of thing :wink:

Are you confident for an interview?
Original post by pr3ttyreckless
I've decided to stay until Saturday just incase I do get an interview on Friday. I know a few people who will be there then so if I don't have an interview on Friday, I'll just wander about Oxford with them :tongue: I'm coming from Scotland so it's going to be a long journey! Where are you leaving from?

Fair enough, are St John's happy to accommodate until then? If so I may stay until the morning so that I don't have the long/stressful journey back immediately after my interview on the thursday!:')
Lucky you haha, still waiting for my oxford applicant friends to find out, I know a few first+second years though so I'm sure I'll cope!
Oh wow that's pretty damn far :eek: I'm coming from Leeds so not as bad but still a good 4 hour train journey!
Original post by wonderfox
I still haven't heard, no :frown:
I'm actually a post-IB applicant so I'm re-reading my Moliere Extended Essay and all the books I mentioned in my PS. Also watching as much French as possible! :smile: Sadly I can't arrange any mock interviews as I'm not in school anymore but I have a few friends at Oxford that volunteered to help out.
Good luck!

Don't worry too much - just prepare as much as possible. Are you applying for French single honours or English and French?

Bonne chance!
Reply 794
Original post by Scatach
Nice to meet you too Vicky, I'm Matt :smile:

Nope I haven't heard anything yet, but we have until I believe Wednesday before we definitely have to know? So there's a few days left yet.

I'm not optimistic about an interview really, my application was more of a "well it's worth a shot" sort of thing :wink:

Are you confident for an interview?

:smile:
Oh phew, I'm just getting more and more worried because we've had 3 Cambridge pieces of interview news, and yet nothing from Oxford. But at least we have a date!

That's what I was like; I felt like I had a SHOT, and I wanted to prove to some boy at my school that History's a good subject and that I'm not stupid (he's applied to Cambridge for Physics)...and my mum sort of pressured me a bit.

But I'm not at ALL confident for an interview; my HAT went awfully, I'm certain of that, and my application just makes me laugh to reread it.

If you get an interview, will you have to get there the night before?
Reply 795
Original post by jennieb
Has anyone heard from Worcester about Linguistics? Or from any college about Linguistics? :tongue: Getting really fed up of waiting now...

I've got an interview for French and Linguistics at Christ Church, but I'm afraid I don't know about any other colleges I'm afraid :s-smilie: but just persevere! I spent the whole day on Friday feeling grumpy about it and then it just popped up, you'll be fine! What's the course you've applied for then? :biggrin:
Anyone else got an interview at Wadham for English?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mynameisnotearl
Anyone heard from St Anne's? English and Francais hopeful here who has heard rien.

I applied for Physics at St Anne's and haven't heard anything, then again I haven't seen anyone get a Physics interview yet at all :/
Original post by BlamelessJak
Haha, in my heads it's just another interview, I was never overly crazy about Oxford anyway (more of a Bristol guy) so in aiming just to enjoy it, and not read into any of it too much :smile: see you there!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah that's a good way of looking at it to be honest :smile: I wasn't either at first but since we've been through all the effort of personal statement, ELAT, written work and now interview it would be a shame to know it was all for nothing! But ah well, c'est la vie and all that. So what made you choose Wadham?
Original post by wonderfox
I applied for English and French at Oriel :smile: Did you hear back yet?
How are you preparing for the possibility of interview?

Yes! I have an interview and am staying in Oxford from the 4th to the 8th of December - have you heard yet?

I'm basically reading around as much as possible and watching French films, etc. What about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending