The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex95
do you know what happens if you get rejected? the uni's site says that for PPE applicants invited for an interview will be emailed. does that means that a lack of an email by the end of tomorrow is a rejection?

They email rejections of course. And obviously, they will show up on UCAS as soon as the decision has been made.
Reply 1381
Original post by alex95
do you know what happens if you get rejected? the uni's site says that for PPE applicants invited for an interview will be emailed. does that means that a lack of an email by the end of tomorrow is a rejection?

Original post by lou_100
They email rejections of course. And obviously, they will show up on UCAS as soon as the decision has been made.

I know I'm being a bit nit-picky, but I believe it can sometimes take months for the decision to show up on UCAS, at least in the case of rejection.
Got my interview email yesterday, for History at Balliol :biggrin: I'll be coming down on Tuesday night, anyone else staying at Balliol Tuesday - Friday or any time in between?
Original post by Patata96
Guys, did anyone hear from Trinity E&M ? It's almost midnight.....

No, no one seems to have.. It's quite frustrating. But apparently someone phoned them and they said they would respond Wednesday (yesterday) or today (Thursday), so hopefully we'll all know soon! :wink:

And I really hope I won't be thinking that ignorance is bliss afterwards :-S
Original post by gfaust
I know I'm being a bit nit-picky, but I believe it can sometimes take months for the decision to show up on UCAS, at least in the case of rejection.

Yes, I've heard that they only send their decisions to UCAS in January, when all offers and rejections are certain..
Reply 1385
Has anyone received an invitation to interview at Corpus Christi? I've applied for Law with Spanish Law and will be there from Tuesday night until potentially Friday 7th December :smile:
Original post by misso2013
Yes, I've heard that they only send their decisions to UCAS in January, when all offers and rejections are certain..

I can confirm this. It's no later than that, though. :smile: And quite frankly if they send you a letter the decision is essentially final; most people don't reject the offer (obviously), so that results in most offers being accepted.
Original post by Anthropax
Just got an interview for PPE at Magdalen! So excited!

Myself as well, via email. See you then!
Reply 1388
got an interview for History at Hertford :smile:
was a real shock, thought I didn't fare well in the aptitude test
I think I'll be getting there on the Tuesday!
And no one has heard from Oriel PPE?
I see many others posting about other colleges, but nothing from Oriel.
Bah!
PPE interview at Pembroke!
Original post by Lara540
Has anyone received an invitation to interview at Corpus Christi? I've applied for Law with Spanish Law and will be there from Tuesday night until potentially Friday 7th December :smile:

I have an interview for Law (Jurisprudence) at Corpus, but I will be having my interview via Skype instead, since I live in Malaysia. Wish I could go there and see the college for myself though. Good luck to us :biggrin: (and everyone else with an interview, for that matter!)
Anyone heard back from Pembroke for E & M?
Reply 1393
Has anyone heard from Brasenose for PPE???

I still haven't gotten any email??
Reply 1394
Original post by cooca8
Exactly same situation here. I called them up and they said they have sent everything out, and that it will probably arrive tomorrow morning.

Sent what out? Emails and letters?
Reply 1395
Original post by Trabz
Interview for Computer Science at St Anne's just came now (email)!

Completely gobsmacked, I was SO sure I was going to get a rejection!

Why were you so sure? Were your grades not up to par?
Reply 1396
Have 2 friends who have applied for Chemistry and Fine arts. They both received invitation to interview around the 16th of this month.
When I got my interview last year for Chemistry it was a few weeks before the actual interview date.
You can stay on the college as long as you are needed for interview. Anyone who comes with you will have to find their own accommodation.
Good luck to everyone!
Does anyone know if reallocation of college is random or happens to less strong applicants?
Original post by lifeisgood.
PPE interview at Pembroke!

what time was that ?

Well done btw :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending