The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Changing course at sussex uni?

I've started doing a law degree at sussex university but I'm finding that the subject just isnt for me. I'm still only in my 1st year and coming up to end of year exams so is it too late for me to change courses? I met a few people who had changed courses after their first year with seemingly no problems. Also if I did re-start a different course in September, would I have to re-apply all over again? And would I still be able to get full-funding? Thanks!
Reply 1
Depends what you want to change to. I changed after my first year from Anthropology and European Studies to Politics and European Studies (going straight into 2nd year). Since my course obviously had a cross-over and I made a decent case to the head of Politics that I'd be able to succeed at Politics, they let me change. You need to speak to a student/academic advisor to see whether it's possible; we can only speculate here.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
You need to go and and talk to staff in the relevant 'new' Dept. And you need to do it quickly. If you leave it to the end of term you may have missed too much on the 'new' course and have to repeat a whole year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending