The Student Room Group

Girls, be honest, are you jealous of girls you know that are prettier than you?

Scroll to see replies

It's more envy than jealousy on my part, like 'aw I wish I looked like you' but never any bad wishes or anything like that
Reply 21
No, i get enough male attention to not want to be any more attractive. So sometimes i feel sorry for prettier girls because i think of how much they must get and if it annoys them how much more of a pain it may be.

Also ive never had an issue getting a bf so i dont need to look any different

I would say i tend to be more envious of thinner girls because i would like to be thinner, as i think then i would look better in some clothes, be healthier etc. But beauty im cool with.
Yes I get jealous and wish I could look like or dress like X but it wouldn't change my opinion towards them.
Being comfortable in my own skin (which took me a while to do) means i am not as jealous because im happy with myself and glad of what i have rather than what i don't. I guess because most girls aren't comfortable with themselves they will get jealous when they think someone looks better than them.
Reply 24
Original post by desdemonata
My sister is prettier than me.

I don't believe this for a second! :biggrin: :tongue:

Original post by desdemonata
I'm not jealous, per se, I'm glad that she's pretty, and I used to wish I looked like her (now I realise I won't ever will and the thought doesn't bother me, I have to be my own person anyway). I'm not really jealous of any other girls' looks to be honest, probably because of that.

You sound soo lovely... :love: :colondollar:
Reply 25
I know this person that was jealous of a woman until she found out that she was a man.
Yes, and I'm jealous of girls who are nicer than me too.
Probably why I don't hang out with girls much, because they're all nicer and prettier than me so I feel intimidated.
Original post by Insecurities
I'm a guy but I will answer anyway.

I get very jealous of guys I see who I know are hot. Usually tall, masculine, well-built and proportioned- they tend to be rugby players but not always. You can tell they get all the girls just by the way they look and act.

I also get this weird sense of jealousy of attractive girls (i.e. most girls these days). Even though I am a guy. I think it's because I know I don't have a chance with them. I only have a chance, realistically, with 5% of girls. Probably more like 1% of girls or less. It's depressing but it's the harsh reality of my life. :cry:
I reckon you and I'm So Academic would be the perfect match :cool:
I used to be when I was younger but now I realise that being pretty isn't as easy as it looks. Yeah you get a lot of attention from boys and a lot of girls envy you but that's about it really. It would be nice to be really pretty and turn heads but there are more important things to worry about so as for now I'd rather just be my plain average self existing in the background rather than having to worry about being pretty and which guys fancy me :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
I do get jealous, just not in a malicious way. I think it's their level of confidence and the attention that they get mainly.
In all honesty not really. If you asked me this very question a few months ago then the answer would have been yes. I had a skin condition that made me look immensely awful, so my self esteem suffered. Once I got the help needed for the skin condition I felt better about myself and didn't really compare myself to other girls. If I see a gorgeous girl, and know she's prettier than me, then I think 'Wow she is so pretty!' and admire her but I don't feel any jealousy or 'I wish I looked like her' because I'm content with the way I look if that makes sense. Only people who are not happy with the way they look feel a panging wish to look like another girl.
Reply 31
I am in a way, but I also realise to be thankful for what I have been given.
Original post by Anonymous
It seems like many of you are jealous of prettier girls. Even if you wouldn't treat them differently, would you avoid being friends with them? Or would you be more likely to want to be friends with them because you admire their looks?

I want to be friends with girls who I get on with as a person. How pretty they are doesn't really matter. However, I would be intimidated to approach a really beautiful girl and befriend her. If she approached me though I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Reply 33
Not really, no. Because I don't look at a mirror often, I don't tend to dwell on my looks and with a face like mine you'd have to to survive. I used to get jealous though-only when a guy I liked was around-but now I can get jealous of people who are cleverer than me :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by politics_student
No. I am fine with how I look.

If I am likely to feel envious over anything, it's just their natural confidence, intelligence, possibly their sense of style, etc.

The neg on this comment is so typical. Girls who are good looking often get hell from girls who arent. It IS jealousy
Reply 35
Yeah, definitely. I've always been insecure, so I do find myself envying those girls with effortless, natural beauty - not just their looks but also the confidence that almost always goes with it. It's not an intense, bitter feeling of jealousy though, more like a kind of "Wow, aw man I wished I looked a bit more like that". Kind of admiration mixed with a touch of envy. Nothing too negative (although everyone has bad days where these feelings get worse, I suppose)

I'd never let this affect the way I treat someone. My closest friends are all really pretty, much more so than me I know, if they weren't I'd still love them just as much! In the same way, I'd never be deliberately cold towards or avoid someone purely because I envied their looks. I would never let these kinds of feelings make me bitter, it's a complete waste of time since I'm 100% aware that there's not a whole lot I can do to change my looks, so I may as well get used to them!

:rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
yes but no because i feel im more rueful that im not im not jealous but i am always wanting but i am happy for them....if they are nnice people:biggrin:
Jealous? I don't know if it's jealousy, but it's more like I wish I looked like her but it does not mean that I'm going to treat her nastily because she's prettier! That's ridiculous and just not right hahaha
I'm jealous of them but it doesn't change how I treat them. I really hate the way I look and always just feel like the fat, ugly friend and it upsets me.
Reply 39
it depence how is their personality im onnest here:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending