The Student Room Group

Triple Science GCSE Help

Basically my science teacher is quite inadequate and I am finding science very hard but I don't want any excuses come results day. So if anyone knows of good revision sites for Triple Science AQA or anything in general please please please suggest them to me. I know of BBC Bitesize and that's about it, also if you know of books that can help me pass my exams (predicted As) please suggest them to me. Thank you very much in advance.:biggrin:
you should try the cgp range, though the information is limited. I'd search for textbooks on amazon. My exam board is ocr 21st century they have great new texbooks from collins.
don't worry, your not the only one. i'm in year 11 and am doing triple science and my biology teacher seems to be a complete pain, anyway here are some of the revision guides that i've got which the school also use. they can be a bit pricey for some though;

New AQA Science GCSE Biology (Aqa Science Students Book) by Ann Fullick and Lawrie Ryan

New AQA Science GCSE Chemistry (Aqa Science Students Book) by Lawrie Ryan

New AQA Science GCSE Physics (Aqa Science Students Book) by Jim Breithaupt and Lawrie Ryan

they are all £15.19 on amazon!

hope this helped and good luck with your GCSEs!
Reply 3
The only books I had for AQA triple science were the CGP revision guides that you can easily get off amazon (or perhaps through your school).
I got an A* in bio and chem and A in physics with these however my teaching quality was patchy rather than poor (I had good teachers for 1a of each subject and for half of the rest of bio and chem).
Reply 4
Try a website called getrevising, there are many different resources for revision of all subjects .

hope it helps.
Reply 5
I've had abominable science teaches as well, I've practically taught myself the sciences and got 2A*s and 1 A in the first 3 exams. The CGP books are the best but learn from bitesize as well
Reply 6
I go on the following website as the the lecturer actually teaches science on GCSE and a level :
mygcsescience.com
hope it helps because it surely helped me as my science teacher doesn't know what date it is
Reply 7
Original post by doctor_2_be
don't worry, your not the only one. i'm in year 11 and am doing triple science and my biology teacher seems to be a complete pain, anyway here are some of the revision guides that i've got which the school also use. they can be a bit pricey for some though;

New AQA Science GCSE Biology (Aqa Science Students Book) by Ann Fullick and Lawrie Ryan

New AQA Science GCSE Chemistry (Aqa Science Students Book) by Lawrie Ryan

New AQA Science GCSE Physics (Aqa Science Students Book) by Jim Breithaupt and Lawrie Ryan

they are all £15.19 on amazon!

hope this helped and good luck with your GCSEs!

This is a bit late but thank you for the suggestion, my school had them so I 'borrowed' the books and revision has been going great, basically retaught myself :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by M.M.HUSSAIN
you should try the cgp range, though the information is limited. I'd search for textbooks on amazon. My exam board is ocr 21st century they have great new texbooks from collins.

salaam bro which science exams have you got coz i need some revision tips nd how to do well on 6 mark questions
CGP books got me 3B's, one mark off an A in Physics. Can't really go wrong with them, they're the most fun you can have without laughing.

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 10
Original post by Nick Latham
Hi, I know how you are feeling, having a bad teacher for a subject and it seems really frustrating, especially since it is probably the subject involving a large amount of information.

There is one website made by a teacher who makes videos on all of the topics, neatly following the AQA course: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/ - This site can really help if you're stuck.

Aside from websites, I can also recommend to buy the following books, especially for triple scientists:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Biology-Student-Book-Science/dp/1408253747/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356973165&sr=1-2

Thanks the site looks useful
Reply 11
Original post by anonymouse01
CGP books got me 3B's, one mark off an A in Physics. Can't really go wrong with them, they're the most fun you can have without laughing.

Posted from TSR iPad

Lolz :smile: thanks a bit late into revision to get those books but I find nelson thornes books helpful
Original post by npba
salaam bro which science exams have you got coz i need some revision tips nd how to do well on 6 mark questions

Walaikum asalaam

I got c7, b7 and p7. Also r u also doing ocr 21st Century because there is a a special way to do six markers, i also found them difficult but i learnt about this thing after our teacher went on some course called 'SOLO TAXONOMY':

Problem_based_learning_SOLO.gif

also do alot of past papers, if you're doing ocr 21st century, don't think there aren't many past papers for the new spec because you can still use the old ones, the content is still very similiar. Use bitesize and for physics, an extra website will be schoolphysics.co.uk

Good Luck

Wasalaam
Reply 13
jazakallah bro and yes i am doing the 21st century so what tips do u have for the 6mark questions ??????/
Reply 14
Walaikum asalaam

I got c7, b7 and p7. Also r u also doing ocr 21st Century because there is a a special way to do six markers, i also found them difficult but i learnt about this thing after our teacher went on some course called 'SOLO TAXONOMY':

Problem_based_learning_SOLO.gif

also do alot of past papers, if you're doing ocr 21st century, don't think there aren't many past papers for the new spec because you can still use the old ones, the content is still very similiar. Use bitesize and for physics, an extra website will be schoolphysics.co.uk

Good Luck

Wasalaam

jazakallah bro and yes i am doing the 21st century so what tips do u have for the 6mark questions ?????
Reply 15
With GCSE, its about exam technique than anything. I reccomend doing all the past papers you can. If you know what the examiner wants to see - you will get an A* :smile:
Original post by npba
jazakallah bro and yes i am doing the 21st century so what tips do u have for the 6mark questions ?????

I told u, solo taxonamy look at the diagram and put a six marker question in front of u and try to answer it by using diagram
Reply 17
I told u, solo taxonamy look at the diagram and put a six marker question in front of u and try to answer it by using diagram

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending