The Student Room Group

In One Ear's Strong Lifts blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by In One Ear
I don't find 'bulking' hard either, but historically cutting has been the doom of my lifting career because every-time I've hemorrhaged strength and muscle lol. So these days I'm all about trying to make gradual progress whilst gaining as little fat as possible (or even decreasing it as currently, which is just a dream tbh) so that I never have to properly cut again! :biggrin:

Surely that's temporary though? You'd get the strength and size back quickly post cut....

Yeah i get that. I'm just going to try and stay in a surplus for as long as possible with re-comps chucked in along the way (hence i'm v interested to see how you get on).

Have never properly cut for long so can't comment on that really.

Anyway good to see you posting and hopefully get that bench target hit soon!
Original post by Unistudent77
Surely that's temporary though? You'd get the strength and size back quickly post cut....

Yeah i get that. I'm just going to try and stay in a surplus for as long as possible with re-comps chucked in along the way (hence i'm v interested to see how you get on).

Have never properly cut for long so can't comment on that really.

Anyway good to see you posting and hopefully get that bench target hit soon!

Well it comes back quicker but often it can take me a while. Its kinda like 6 steps forward 5 steps back and is just the slowest grind imaginable...

Today.

OHP

20kg warmup
40kg 5
50kg 4
60kg 5 ...few a bit better than a few days ago at least :biggrin: Felt really weak off the chest but not suprising since upper chest was really fatigued from yesterdays chest work.
50kg 7

/bro workout

3 more sets OHP
4 sets bradford press
2 sets BTN press
5 sets cuban press

3 sets overhead dumbbell extensions

3 sets v-bar curls
4 sets cable curls out to the side level with shoulder (really need to find the name for these)

5 sets pushdowns

6 sets rear delt flies

4 sets glute hip thrusts
2 sets leg extensions
2 sets leg curls

^extensions/curls causing me cramps so had to cut short.

3 sets decline situps.
Had a couple of weeks of bad training because of a combination of just feeling really lethargic persistently and slight shoulder pain messing up benching.

Anyway feeling better now and I've decided to rotate bench out for weighted dips for a while as these are totally pain free.

Yesterday:

Dips

BW *10
+20kg *5
+30kg*5
+40kg *7,5
+20kg *10
BW *18

Had to do these holding a dumbbell between feet as dipping belt has gone AWOL. Surprisingly not that hard to hold a 40kg dumbbell between my feet! Still awkward setup/putting it down when fatigued though.

/bro session for chest assistance/biceps/triceps/legs.
Haven't trained for 10 days as been skiing in Meribel in the 3 valleys in the French Alps- had a great time!

Obviously this hasn't been great for progress- also only been eating ~70g protein/day as meals were included and preset and appear to have been in a much stronger deficit than I realized having accidentally dropped a full kg from 80kg to 79kg :tongue:. Wasn't really intending to be in a deficit at all as I don't think its a good idea in combination with not training. Not totally surprised though as I've found in the past that my appetite starts to strongly down-regulate after a few days of not training.

Waist is down a bit also so probably lost a bit of muscle and fat. Kept it light yesterday as (naturally) weights felt a bit heavy after not lifting anything for that time period.

Worked up to:

Bench

90kg *11

Which i suppose all things considered is a decent result. Then generic chest/arm session. Going again today to train back, shoulders and legs.
Yesterday.

Seated dumbbell OHP

30kg dbs *7

(PB of 1 rep on what I did a couple weeks back, pb of 3 reps on my best logged in this thread previously ages back when I used to train this)

shoulders/back/legs
Thursday:

Bench

100kg* 8

tied rep PB but at 1kg less bw which is nice.

chest/arms

Today:

Dumbbell ohp

30kg dbs *8 (+1 rep PB)

shoulders/back/legs workout
Today:

Bench

90kg *12 (+1 rep PB), 8

/full body.
Following
Diet and training been inconsistent.

Did get a PB today so logging it for the record.

Dumbbell OHP

30kg Dbs *10 (+2rep PB)
Original post by In One Ear
Diet and training been inconsistent.

Did get a PB today so logging it for the record.

Dumbbell OHP

30kg Dbs *10 (+2rep PB)

Worst blog entry ever. Bruh

Tell me moar
Might start blogging again. But be warned my workouts are pretty random and unscientific lol. I try and push something heavy on one of the few exercises I'm tracking to begin each session, then its /bro on.

Dips (below parallel)

Bodyweight (80.2kg this morning) 10
+20kg 8
+40kg 3
+50kg 1
+60kg 1,5 (PB)

Looking back my blog most I've done in the past was +40kg*7 so this is pretty good I think. Haven't put more than +20kg on the belt in a good year but was having a max dip competition with someone so... But I chickened out on trying a true 1RM because quite frankly it felt like my wrists were gonna snap with +60kg as was. Need to work back to higher weights methinks.

dumbbell presses
60 degree presses
weighted pullups
deadlifts (up to 140kg*10, 150*8 - being careful easing myself back into leg and lower back training lol)
dumbbell curls
tricep extensions
seated rows
band pull aparts
ab work
incline flies
incline db press
BW 79.7kg

Incline dumbell press (30 degrees)

42.5kg Dbs *8 (PB, first time getting 42.5s up)
36kg Dbs 9
30kg Dbs 10

/bro full body workout.

Quick Reply

Latest