The Student Room Group

Please can somebody help, I had Civil Service interview (men’s prison department)

So I applied for this business administrator job in the prison department in Milton Keynes. But due to family reason I flew out of the country and I had a job interview for this position to attend in person, but I email them saying/requesting to have my interview on teams due to whatever reason… they agreed and sent me teams link. On the day of interview, I was all prepared and went in with the help of link. But I could barely hear them. I had to keep my ear so close to the screen in order to hear them. The interview panel all of them were oldies, used one screen for three people so they couldn’t step it up the volume properly.. I did apologies to them for whatever was happening and did appreciate they arranged it online for me.

I had an email the same evening from one of the panel members saying and pointing out all the technical difficulties we had and gave me another chance to do an informal interview on site when I’m back in the country. Furthermore, I emailed back saying I will be back in the country in 15 days (provided them the date) and after 2 days I had an email from no reply email saying I have been put on reserve list for 12 months as I was one of the strongest candidates.

After a few hours I had an email reply back from that panel member saying that they will interview me (informal) after a week after I come back to the country.

So my question is if they wanted to put me on reserve list why did they still want to have an informal interview I’m perplexed.. Just do an informal interview and if you still think I am a strong candidate, give me the job. But they have put me on reserve list and want to have an informal interview I’m confused please can someone help me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending