The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1) Have you ever shouted at your parents?

Never full on yelled, I've raised my voice before but we very rarely argue, the last time being when I was 16 I think.

2) Have you ever sworn at your parents?

In front of them but never at them, just "oh I had a **** day" or whatever. My mum doesn't care but my dad still tells me off sometimes.

3) Have you ever lied to your parents?

Not recently, but as a teenager I was definitely economical with the truth.

4) Have you ever told your parents you hated them?

:eek: No!
I can't remember what I was like as a child... but in the last 5years or so:

Once or twice
No
Probably... but nothing springs to mind, so probably only really small things/withholding information sorta thing
No
The answers to those questions aren't related to the title (of being a good son or daughter). It depends what they were reactions to. If the parent is being a bad parent, those reactions may be appropriate, or at the very least, excusable.

Even if you do everything in those questions to an individual who doesn't deserve it, a one-off occasion of anger with real remorse is generally seen as forgiveable.

Anyway, to answer the quiz, yes to all.
Yes, no, yes, no. Don't sweat it bro, everyone has shouted at their parents - even those quiet goodie two shoes in your classes :cool:
Original post by Anonymous
Tonight I had an argument with my parents. I shouted at my dad and I haven't treated him that badly for ages. It took me back to a thought I had when I was younger about him being a teddy bear which I had neglected and torn and ripped. As a Christian, admittedly, I should be treating my folks better. For a kind of reassurance that I'm not an evil person, please could you answer the following questions:

1) Have you ever shouted at your parents?

2) Have you ever sworn at your parents?

3) Have you ever lied to your parents?

4) Have you ever told your parents you hated them?

For your information, I have done all of these. I can't thank my parents enough for still loving me, I don't deserve it.

Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes yes yes & no - everyone has problems with their parents at some point in their life.
A categorical no to all except lying; although the lie is always something that they will eventually find out; e.g surprise parties, theatre tickets, presents etc. I don't understand why some people can't get on with their parents and even if they don't get on with them, they could at least be civil...
Reply 27
Yes&yes&yes&yes
I've done all four. If anything, I think that heated arguments have brought my parents and I closer together. We can laugh about such melodramatic situations now and whenever we do argue (which isn't very often nowadays), we always apologise to each other and learn from our mistakes. It's certainly not healthy to keep things bottled up.

It doesn't make you a bad daughter/son. It just shows that you're only human. Sometimes we act/say things in the heat of the moment. So long as you recognise when you're in the wrong and make peace with your parents, s'all good!
1) yes, but for good reasons

2) yes, but for good reasons

3) yes

4) never

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
3) (nothing major), none of the others, as a Muslim I respect Parents above anyone else on this Earth (apart from God and the Prophets):wink:
Reply 31
Rarely - it's more them shouting at me!
Yes - Only when shouting though, and 9 times out of 10 it's at my Dad rather than my Mum.
Yes - Nothing major though and I usually come clean eventually (Or they find out...)
I certainly hope I haven't said that!
Yes, yes, yes, no.

Because I'm a normal person, with normal parents, and none of us are complete dicks.
1. Only once or twice, and that was because they shouted at me first.
2. No
3. Not for a long time.
4. Not that I can remember.
Yes to all, at some point or another in my life. Although me and my mum actually get on rather well :tongue:
Reply 35
Yes, no, yes and no. Although I probably did the last one a lot as a child, but that hardly counts..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 36
If you haven't done 1 and 3 you had a weird upbringing.
Reply 37
no
no
yes
no
Reply 38
Yes (but haven't done so in the past few years)
No (I don't think I could)
Yes (only about little things)
No
Reply 39
Yes to all of the above, what can i say im a terrible person.

Latest

Trending

Trending