The Student Room Group

Am I a bad daughter/son quiz?

Tonight I had an argument with my parents. I shouted at my dad and I haven't treated him that badly for ages. It took me back to a thought I had when I was younger about him being a teddy bear which I had neglected and torn and ripped. As a Christian, admittedly, I should be treating my folks better. For a kind of reassurance that I'm not an evil person, please could you answer the following questions:

1) Have you ever shouted at your parents?

2) Have you ever sworn at your parents?

3) Have you ever lied to your parents?

4) Have you ever told your parents you hated them?

For your information, I have done all of these. I can't thank my parents enough for still loving me, I don't deserve it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Number Two was done before I became a Christian and number four was done hesitantly tonight
Yes, yes, yes and no respectively
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Tonight I had an argument with my parents. I shouted at my dad and I haven't treated him that badly for ages. It took me back to a thought I had when I was younger about him being a teddy bear which I had neglected and torn and ripped. As a Christian, admittedly, I should be treating my folks better. For a kind of reassurance that I'm not an evil person, please could you answer the following questions:

For your information, I have done all of these. I can't thank my parents enough for still loving me, I don't deserve it.

1) yes
2) no
3) yes
4) no
I do all four... I don't have the best relationship with my mother... We don't get on that well :/ But I always feel terrible afterwards regardless.
Reply 5
I've done the 1st 3 in my time
Reply 6
By the way, I'm not saying that if you do these, you are a bad daughter/son, I just needed a catchy title, sorry :redface:
Have you ever lied to your parents?

"I didn't eat the cookie."
Yes, yes, yes and not. Pretty standard stuff, you're bound to get into arguments with your parents at some point in time. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it...
No, no, frequently, no
Yes to all of them. Oh dear...

1) Yes, once.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) No.
Reply 12
No. No. Yes. No.
Yes, yes, yes and yes. I don't hate them, and I'm sure they knew I didn't mean it at the time.

I'm actually incredibly close to my parents. But everyone argues.
Yes, Yes :frown: , yes and yes my mum said it to me first so I said it to her and then we laughed at each other :lol: .

No
No
Yes
No
Reply 16
the only thing I've never done is swear at my parents because they never ever swear and it's pretty much a cardinal sin in our house to do so... interestingly OP my parents are devout christians and lying to them is the only way our relationship works. If they knew that I am an atheist, that I have been drunk, what my views on sex are, what I talk about with my friends, etc etc... I would not be the daughter they thought they had. I know their opinions are ridiculous but I'll never change them, so I don't try. The truth causes arguments. lies don't.
Reply 17
Yes
No
Yes
No

1) Have you ever shouted at your parents? yes

2) Have you ever sworn at your parents? yes

3) Have you ever lied to your parents? yes

4) Have you ever told your parents you hated them? my father not my mother

chill out, you're a human being, everyone falls out with their parents from time to time.
Reply 19
This is pretty funny.

Latest

Trending

Trending