The Student Room Group

Hey, I feel like I'm going to Uni for the wrong reasons.

Basically, I have just over a month to apply for university. I do not generally have a particular interest in any subject, though Law would be nice I cant see myself getting acceted for many places (Given my 'D' at A level). Media would also be nice, i got an A in that an 99/100 in my written exam for it, though i hear the career outlets are not really that great. But, my main issue is I feel like im going just to postpone doing the mundane for 3 more years. Probably not the best reason to go to university but I am rather bored and would definitly put the work in, even if the heart is not really there. So confused right now. Bloody UCAS. Any suggestions guyzzzzz?
Reply 1
Original post by alanandrews
Basically, I have just over a month to apply for university. I do not generally have a particular interest in any subject, though Law would be nice I cant see myself getting acceted for many places (Given my 'D' at A level). Media would also be nice, i got an A in that an 99/100 in my written exam for it, though i hear the career outlets are not really that great. But, my main issue is I feel like im going just to postpone doing the mundane for 3 more years. Probably not the best reason to go to university but I am rather bored and would definitly put the work in, even if the heart is not really there. So confused right now. Bloody UCAS. Any suggestions guyzzzzz?

i suggest u go to uni and get wasted for 3 years and get a degree to increase job oppos.
Reply 2
Original post by eeeeeh
i suggest u go to uni and get wasted for 3 years and get a degree to increase job oppos.

See that's what im thinking. It just seems so wrong haha.

I did maths at uni. Everyone who did the degree because they couldn't think of anything else to do got a 2:2, or scraped a 2:1 at most. People who were genuinely passionate and loved the modules got high grades and are now doing masters courses.

As for other courses, people who went to uni for the parties and the social life dropped out by the end of first year. That's, what, £9000 tuition fees and £4000 accommodation fees to pay back? Worth it? No. Not really.

The work gets insane in your final year. Hell, even in second year, you'll struggle to remember what you did in your first year. It's actually pretty vital. Some courses in third year depend on knowledge from first year too. It's a cumulative increase in knowledge.

If you want to go to university for the social life, just literally go to the university. Don't enrol on a course and pay the fees if you don't want the degree. My cousin had all his mates down at UCL and even though he didn't attend the uni, people mistook him for doing Medicine at UCL because he was ALWAYS there. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you're actually studying at a uni to enjoy the social life if you make the right friends.
(edited 11 years ago)
I wouldn't advise going to Uni if you arent really interested in the course or dont really want to be there. At the end of the day, it will end up dragging and being a pain for you if you dont truly enjoy it
Reply 5
Thanks for that fellas. Guess I just need to think on it really a bit more. I'm sure I could do a media course, though I'm worried about the outlets, but that's for another thread haha. Thanks again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wanderlust.xx
I did maths at uni. Everyone who did the degree because they couldn't think of anything else to do got a 2:2, or scraped a 2:1 at most. People who were genuinely passionate and loved the modules got high grades and are now doing masters courses.
As for other courses, people who went to uni for the parties and the social life dropped out by the end of first year. That's, what, £9000 tuition fees and £4000 accommodation fees to pay back? Worth it? No. Not really.

Where did you go? and why were so many people in it "because they couldn't think of anything else to do"??
See that's what im thinking. It just seems so wrong haha.

But it feels so right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending