The Student Room Group

getting less UCAS points than asked for but still getting into uni

I think I'm right in saying, that if a uni gives you a conditional offer but you don't quite make the UCAS points, and if you're only off by perhaps a grade and you still did well in the subject you wish to continue to degree level, that the uni in question may still go through with their offer because they like you?

Big long question, I know! Sorry. It's a really simple question and I'm sure I know people who have got into uni this way, but when I googled it I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks in advance! Just curious :biggrin:
It's possible, assuming they have enough places, but it's certainly not guaranteed.
Original post by Nuttyclorox
I think I'm right in saying, that if a uni gives you a conditional offer but you don't quite make the UCAS points, and if you're only off by perhaps a grade and you still did well in the subject you wish to continue to degree level, that the uni in question may still go through with their offer because they like you?

Big long question, I know! Sorry. It's a really simple question and I'm sure I know people who have got into uni this way, but when I googled it I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks in advance! Just curious :biggrin:

It happens people have gone into uni when they missed their points or grades by a small margin. But its not guarranted, don't put your hopes up on this method. There are so many people and the competition for places on result day just consider other courses that might interest you that you didn't apply and use it as backup during clearing. Write the UCAS code and have a notepad to write info down.

Good luck
It can happen, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will. It is dependent on a lot of things and honestly there's not much point overthinking it.
Yes my brother had an ABB offer from Birmingham and got BBB but still got in because he had chosen them as his firm and there were enough spaces.
Reply 5
It's possible, but depends on the course & uni..I have heard a case of an AAB uni who let a student onto the course when they got BBB. It might have been to do with the fact they had a good personal statement and made that uni their firm? Like i said, it all depends really. and u have to take into account wether they have places?
I got 260 points instead of 300 and they still let me in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending