The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades/Application Confusion

I'm predicted ABB and applying to do English Literature and French at Liverpool (ABB), Birmingham (ABB), Royal Holloway (ABB), Kent (ABB) and Buckingham (BBB). Kent doesn't specify what subject the A has to be in but Liverpool, Birmingham and Royal Holloway say it must be in English.

My A is predicted in Geography, B in English Literature and French. I'm wondering is it still worth applying to Liverpool, Birmingham and Royal Holloway? Has anyone applied to a university that requires a grade higher than they're predicted and still been made an offer?
Without knowing how many applications they've received with convincing PS's and academic references plus the required grades, its impossible to say.

However, its not unknown for Unis to still make offers on this basis - but they will make them for the grades they want, not your predictions, grades which you may well not achieve on Results Day.
Reply 2
Do you realise that if you wish you can apply to Buckingham directly, which means that it doesn't take up a place on your UCAS form? If you wish you can essentially have an extra choice. This means you can get then add one lower grade place so that your applciation is, overall, less risky.
Reply 3
Thanks for the help. I've sent my application off today, applying to Liverpool, Birmingham, Kent, Strathclyde and Buckingham. Kent and Strathclyde don't specify and Buckingham needs a B. If Liverpool and Birmingham do make offers I will do a resit of an AS module to try and get the A but I have back up plans if not!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending