The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yaboy
That was a joke tbh

Question 5 made me want to cry

I didn't do the exam, did it have "questions out of the ordinary"?
Reply 381
Original post by ezioaudi77
I didn't do the exam, did it have "questions out of the ordinary"?

questions 4/5 were something else, they never came up in the past papers
Original post by yaboy
questions 4/5 were something else, they never came up in the past papers

damn, hopefully grade boundaries will be much lower then.

Anyway, who is posting the solutions?
Well, for me, other than that mosquitoe question, there's a 0.95 probability (irony) that the others will be fine. it's just math calculations. well everyone what were the answers you guys wrote for that mosquitoe thing? the d part i think i got 32 days. help?
Reply 384
Original post by StrawHat_Shifaz
Well, for me, other than that mosquitoe question, there's a 0.95 probability (irony) that the others will be fine. it's just math calculations. well everyone what were the answers you guys wrote for that mosquitoe thing? the d part i think i got 32 days. help?

yeh that question i completely fluffed, i got t=1 somehow, but what did you get for N when it asked for the number of trials?
Reply 385
what did you guys get for the last part of question 4 where it asked to find 'a' ?
Original post by yaboy
yeh that question i completely fluffed, i got t=1 somehow, but what did you get for N when it asked for the number of trials?
number of trials? there was a question like that? O.o which one are you talking about?
Reply 387
Original post by Lili94
what did you guys get for the last part of question 4 where it asked to find 'a' ?

6/5 but no idea tbh to check i subbed it into 4a(1/3a)-a(1/3a) and got 1 so i thought it was right
Reply 388
number of trials? there was a question like that? O.o which one are you talking about?

it said the probability of it was 0.45 and we had to find the number of trials for which p(x=0) < 1%
Original post by Lili94
i guess it was 8/3 or something similar. sorry for poor memories. but when i used the answer with the probability of Y, it matched with the probability of X. so its supposed to be correct right? O.o
Reply 390
Original post by yaboy
it said the probability of it was 0.45 and we had to find the number of trials for which p(x=0) < 1%

I think it was 8 or something. Question about mosquitos took away 3 of my marks :| Prolly did. June, here I come.
Original post by yaboy
oh i divided 1% into 2. and found the critical region and gave both values. i think its x13 (or 12 i think). what about you?
Reply 392
Original post by Shaphvarn
I think it was 8 or something. Question about mosquitos took away 3 of my marks :| Prolly did. June, here I come.

hmm i got 8, for the value of p for the bionomial question i ended up with p=0.8,0.2 but damn them grade boundaries better be 42 to get an A

oh i divided 1% into 2. and found the critical region and gave both values. i think its x13 (or 12 i think). what about you?

it asked for the number of trials not the critical region :/?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 393
did any of you know how to do the last part of the mosquito one? my mind completely blanked there...
Original post by yaboy
hmm i got 8, for the value of p for the bionomial question i ended up with p=0.8,0.2 but damn them grade boundaries better be 42 to get an A it asked for the number of trials not the critical region :/?
oh sorry maybe i forgot. i meant critical region for that Mrs. george's voting question if that's what you meant?
Original post by Lili94
did any of you know how to do the last part of the mosquito one? my mind completely blanked there...
i think you shoule equate that whole formula to 0.05. Then you get a quadratic. complete the square. you get a negative answer and a positive one. positive one's 32 and thats what my answer was. ITS MY ANSWER BTW. the examiner might think otherwise! *bitch please laugh*
Reply 396
oh sorry maybe i forgot. i meant critical region for that Mrs. george's voting question if that's what you meant?

I did a one tailed test and got CR<4 and H0 wasnt rejected. It seems logical considering the expected value would be 9 and 5 is less then that but everytime i needed to do a two tailed test on a past paper the question said do a two tailed test but yeh sometimes they want both im not a 100% sure though
Reply 397
Original post by Lili94

I got either 4/3 or 2 (chose the 2 method in the end), but was at end of exam where i'd come back to finish the question and my brain was already fried so not sure =p.
I got n=8 for the number of trials, 32.4 for the number of days (I didn't round it at all - will I lose a mark for this?), and a=8/9.
That mosquito question was the biggest load of crap I have ever done.
Reply 399
ehhh better hope them working out marks help me

Latest

Trending

Trending