The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damask-
Since Arsey doesn't do S2 mark schemes, does anyone know if someone else is doing one?

I don' think anyone gives a damn about this exam. xP
Reply 41
Original post by dan94adibi

Depressing. If someone could get hold of a paper, we could all try.
Reply 42
yes that is correct 2 - 5 are the points where the highest value of x take place.

How are you feeling about this exam? A bit nervous here I've done all the paper don't know what to revise.

yeah I'm feeling ok about it :/ I've left june 2011 and jan 2012 for mock papers, but yeah, s2 isn't that bad :smile: the solomon press papers are quite good if you haven't done them already.
Hey Arsey used to do these kinds of threads with all the papers and model answers as well as all the grade boundaries:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619124

Does anyone know if there's one like that for S2 because I can't seem to find it :frown:

Thankss
Original post by Damask-
Depressing. If someone could get hold of a paper, we could all try.

I think my teacher receives the paper one day after the exam.
I'll try to get a hold of it and then we can solve it.

Poor S2 :frown:

Hi everyone, I'm doing the exam as well. There aren't many of us! :redface:

I prefer this module to S1. I did that exam in June and fell apart on the histogram question :colondollar: Dreading M2 next week.

What measures of skewness are we required to know?
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Poor S2 :frown:

Hi everyone, I'm doing the exam as well. There aren't many of us! :redface:

I prefer this module to S1. I did that exam in June and fell apart on the histogram question :colondollar: Dreading M2 next week.

What measures of skewness are we required to know?

Learn the Q2 - Q1 > or < or = Q3 -Q2
and Median < or > Mean
Learn the Q2 - Q1 > or < or = Q3 -Q2
and Median < or > Mean

Cheers! With the bottom one, do you mean these:
mean<median<mode (negative)
mean>median>mode (positive)

I should know this from S1 really but could you use mean<mode, for instance? Or do you have to use either mean<median or median<mode (consecutive statistics)?
Cheers! With the bottom one, do you mean these:
mean<median<mode (negative)
mean>median>mode (positive)

I should know this from S1 really but could you use mean<mode, for instance? Or do you have to use either mean<median or median<mode (consecutive statistics)?

Its either of those and don't forget that you could always use

3(mean - mode )/ standard deviation

to check your answer!
Its either of those and don't forget that you could always use

3(mean - mode )/ standard deviation

to check your answer!

Thanks, I'd forgotten that formula! And sorry, do you mean either of the consecutive ones? :smile:
Thanks, I'd forgotten that formula! And sorry, do you mean either of the consecutive ones? :smile:

You're welcome!

Yes so either

mean < median

or median < mode :wink:
You're welcome!

Yes so either

mean < median

or median < mode :wink:

Thank you very much :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by itsmehello
Hey Arsey used to do these kinds of threads with all the papers and model answers as well as all the grade boundaries:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619124

Does anyone know if there's one like that for S2 because I can't seem to find it :frown:

Thankss

Arsey doesn't do S2 solutions but I think Gibbo81 does(I don't know if he's doing one for January 2013).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1887422
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
Exam is on Friday and I haven't done any past papers, LOL. I'm still going over the last two chapters (Sampling and Hypothesis testing). I'm so lazzyyyyyyy and I got a Physics exam tomorrow.
Reply 54
I think my teacher receives the paper one day after the exam.
I'll try to get a hold of it and then we can solve it.

Great!
Reply 55
Hey everyone,

I am really stressing out about S2 as I've just been trying the most recent papers and finding them really hard - they take me ages to do and I get many questions wrong. Does anyone find the more recent papers harder, with some really weird questions thrown in? Any tips how to try and tackle it?

Best wishes :smile:
Original post by study4life
Hey everyone,

I am really stressing out about S2 as I've just been trying the most recent papers and finding them really hard - they take me ages to do and I get many questions wrong. Does anyone find the more recent papers harder, with some really weird questions thrown in? Any tips how to try and tackle it?

Best wishes :smile:

Yh to be honest I thought the 09 papers were the best out of all of them since the new spec was introduced in 08.

It seems like they are trying to confuse students by switching from a poisson to a normal and then all of a sudden asking for an approx.

It's just about keep asking yourself is n fixed is it a binomial? poisson? or whatever.

The key is going through some questions I also think some theory will pop up since there hasn't been any since 2010.
Reply 57
Yh to be honest I thought the 09 papers were the best out of all of them since the new spec was introduced in 08.

It seems like they are trying to confuse students by switching from a poisson to a normal and then all of a sudden asking for an approx.

It's just about keep asking yourself is n fixed is it a binomial? poisson? or whatever.

The key is going through some questions I also think some theory will pop up since there hasn't been any since 2010.

What do you mean by theory questions?
Reply 58
Are pdf's with three parts containing X likely to come up? - Have they ever come up?
Original post by tr12
Are pdf's with three parts containing X likely to come up? - Have they ever come up?

I have never seen one on any of the past papers I've done (I have done May 08 to January 12).

How would you find the constant of integration for the second part (of the three), if so? For the first and third I would use lower and upper limits and equate to 0 and 1 respectively. :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending