The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How many marks do people think I'd lose for the last question if I got the wrong answers for a and b due to a simple error during integration and a and b had to be use in the restbofnthe question? The whole question was out of 14 I believe
Original post by bambi897064
How many marks do people think I'd lose for the last question if I got the wrong answers for a and b due to a simple error during integration and a and b had to be use in the restbofnthe question? The whole question was out of 14 I believe

probably get some marks
The mark scheme is now out.

5d number of days could be 32.4 or 32 or 33.

6a Hypothesis test - the answer must include the words population parameter

6c One tailed or two tailed OK

6d Using logs or just looking down the table was OK
Original post by tiny hobbit
The mark scheme is now out.

5d number of days could be 32.4 or 32 or 33.

6a Hypothesis test - the answer must include the words population parameter

6c One tailed or two tailed OK

6d Using logs or just looking down the table was OK

I though the MS isn't out until after the results day!?
Original post by dan94adibi
I though the MS isn't out until after the results day!?

It's now on the Edexcel website if you have a password for the secure download. They are a bit challenging to find since they haven't made a folder for Jan 2013. You have to fish down through (potentially) 323 odd files.
Original post by tiny hobbit
It's now on the Edexcel website if you have a password for the secure download. They are a bit challenging to find since they haven't made a folder for Jan 2013. You have to fish down through (potentially) 323 odd files.

Do you have a link (To the page it's on, I know that you're not necessarily allowed to put up the mark scheme somewhere else)?
Original post by DJMayes
Do you have a link (To the page it's on, I know that you're not necessarily allowed to put up the mark scheme somewhere else)?

They aren't on here yet, but they should be uploaded soon to this page. The markk schemes for the other edexcel exams apart from maths and reigious studies are on here now.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=41525922#post41525922
Original post by DJMayes

The mark schemes were on the Edexcel website for a while yesterday then they vanished again!
Mark Scheme...
I did some searching and found the S2 mark scheme on the S1 thread.

I think the maximum I've lost is 7 marks. I need 83 UMS to go to university, hopefully that's enough ay. We'll soon be finding out.

Edit: Just seen it was posted on the Edexcel January 2013 Official Mark Schemes thread now anyway...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 770
just saw the s2 jan 2013 grade boundaries 70 for an A*, 65 A and 59 B and 53 C! :eek:. i'm so crushed, isn't that rather high considering the horrible paper. Was rather hoping around 60 would be an A, me and almost everyone in my class found that paper hard.
Reply 772

Nice, did you use the textbook and past papers only?
78/100....so annoyed, although i kind of expected it since it was a horrible paper! Only B grade in maths so far!
I managed to go down on the re-sit! Got 67 this time, but got 78 last time.

Thankfully my 78 will be carried forward.
Reply 775
Original post by Devina-S
78/100....so annoyed, although i kind of expected it since it was a horrible paper! Only B grade in maths so far!

That's exactly what I got! 1 raw mark away from an A -_- This paper was disgusting - the mosquito question was probably what lost me most marks. I was advised to get it remarked to see if my grade will be taken up to an A. I hope it does! Anyway good luck! And congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 776
Original post by Putch1
Nice, did you use the textbook and past papers only?

I got 90, just did past papers, and notes from the textbook, none of the silly textbook questions!

The same score as S1... which I did exactly the same preparation for. Suspicious!
(edited 11 years ago)
Managed 96/100. Don't know where the 2 raw marks went but ah well.
Reply 778
Original post by JOR2010
I got 90, just did past papers, and notes from the textbook, none of the silly textbook questions!

The same score as S1... which I did exactly the same preparation for. Suspicious!

Thank you. Well i need to focus for my re-sit now. I agree that some of textbook questions are useless preparation for the exam, especially the hypotheses chapter. :L
Reply 779
got 75/100 ums im guessing I got 62/63 raw marks but how the hell can it be 65 to get an A in this exam which is clearly the hardest s2 exam ever made

Latest

Trending

Trending