The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by -Lychee
I got 82 only... Why why why why....

I would be a happy panda, if i had your result
Reply 801
90 UMS :biggrin: :biggrin: it's strange cos everyone in my school either got exactly 90 or below 60....random :P
Reply 802
98/100! So happy :biggrin:
Original post by Zaphod77
98/100! So happy :biggrin:

I got the same :biggrin: lost that one mark because I wrote 'mode' instead of 'mean'. I was kicking myself when I got out of the exam and realised! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm happy for everyone who got good ums marks. I got 75. In my class nobody got an A or A*, they is 2 Bs, 4Cs, 1 e and 4Us
Reply 805
Original post by Putch1
Thank you. Well i need to focus for my re-sit now. I agree that some of textbook questions are useless preparation for the exam, especially the hypotheses chapter. :L

All I'd say is do past papers. And make sure you're comfortable with S1, just in case they stick in a naughty conditional probability!
Reply 806
Original post by dan94adibi
90 UMS.
Does anyone know how many raw mark is this?

Exactly the same as me! 70/75, sounds ridiculous, I know. Had it been any summer paper, we might have had a comfortable 95 :')
Reply 807
Original post by Willisme1
I got the same :biggrin: lost that one mark because I wrote 'mode' instead of 'mean'. I was kicking myself when I got out of the exam and realised! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, annoying for you! I lost mine on the Hypothesis definition, which I probably wouldn't have got - definitions were never my strong point :redface:
Original post by JOR2010
Exactly the same as me! 70/75, sounds ridiculous, I know. Had it been any summer paper, we might have had a comfortable 95 :')

Well done!
It would have been very nice to get 100 UMS but only needed a C for my overall A* so I'm fine with it. :smile:
Reply 809
Well done!
It would have been very nice to get 100 UMS but only needed a C for my overall A* so I'm fine with it. :smile:

I guess we learn again that January modules are stupid. I'm having to resit C3 and C4 for my A* in the Summer, I got 85 and 87. I'll get my A*, C3 I had a meltdown on one question, because I couldn't see how to do it. Then I used 40 minutes of my time trying to do it. Safe to say my resit will go better!
Original post by JOR2010
I guess we learn again that January modules are stupid. I'm having to resit C3 and C4 for my A* in the Summer, I got 85 and 87. I'll get my A*, C3 I had a meltdown on one question, because I couldn't see how to do it. Then I used 40 minutes of my time trying to do it. Safe to say my resit will go better!

With C3 was it the e question at the end? I literally spent 30+ minutes trying to make it work.
And congrats on the 90 UMS in S2, join the club :biggrin:
Original post by JOR2010

OOOOO Very close. I'm sure you'll be able to do it in the summer.
Reply 812
Original post by Where'sPerry?
With C3 was it the e question at the end? I literally spent 30+ minutes trying to make it work.
And congrats on the 90 UMS in S2, join the club :biggrin:

That exact question. I'd done a similar question in the book before, but it just didn't click. I also messed up the last part of the question before because I left myself so little time to do it...
Got 84 ums, any idea what raw this is? Also a little worried if I want a* in further maths a level, but s2 can always be a single maths a2/further maths as module can't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done!

How did you only need a C for an overall A*? 0.0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willisme1
How did you only need a C for an overall A*? 0.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

C3 was 95 and C4 was 90 and my average would have been around 83% if I walked out with a C in S2.
C3 was 95 and C4 was 90 and my average would have been around 83% if I walked out with a C in S2.

I completely forgot that only core topics count towards A*! That makes me happy :biggrin:

Only need 88/100 in C4, and 18/100 in M2 in that case lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The proportion of S2 candidates getting an A was virtually the same as for the last two January papers, 37.2% as against 37.5% and 37.7%, which is why the grade boundaries are where they are.
Original post by tiny hobbit
The proportion of S2 candidates getting an A was virtually the same as for the last two January papers, 37.2% as against 37.5% and 37.7%, which is why the grade boundaries are where they are.

Was looking over this with a teacher earlier. The C3 was surprisingly low (25.6%, I think) but FP1 feels like a failed exam when over half of the entries score 80% or higher...
Original post by DJMayes
Was looking over this with a teacher earlier. The C3 was surprisingly low (25.6%, I think) but FP1 feels like a failed exam when over half of the entries score 80% or higher...

The FP1 statistics are good news. It means that they actually take account of which candidates are taking the exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending