The Student Room Group

Is It Okay Doing As At Age Og 19!!!!

Am 18 years old and I have been kick out of the college yesterday at my As:frown: . Am planning to re-do the as course next year which I will be 19 yrs old, it must be scary finishing Alevel course at 21 years old. Is it scary doing As at 19 and A2 at 20yrs. Is anyone doing As with big age, I just want to know is that normal or its only me. my brothers all entered the university the age of 19 yrs!!!!!please help me:confused:
Reply 1
Kicked out of your college? Whatever happened?

Yes, it's fine doing your AS at 19. You won't even be a mature student when you go to university.
Reply 2
i started mine at 23 :smile: ..and hope to go 2 uni :p:

its your life fella, live it how you wish.
Reply 3
Why did you get kicked out so close to the exams? Were you doing well in your A Levels if so transfer to another 6th form to finish this year or at least have a go with the exams this year and you can resit units next year or the whole AS course.
Reply 4
I'm 20 in a class of 16 year olds, age doesn't matter.
Reply 5
Age certainly doesn't matter, in my AS Physics last year there was a 53 year old Spanish man.
Reply 6
I got AABB for my AS and i am expecting ABB for my A2. But im still repeating the exams in Jan07 when my unis start in aug. which means i will be finishing my A2 at the age of 20. Im doing all this jus to get into a medical college for scholarship.. i cant afford the fee.
U guys think i should do it?
Reply 7
jayjaytom
Am 18 years old and I have been kick out of the college yesterday at my As:frown: . Am planning to re-do the as course next year which I will be 19 yrs old, it must be scary finishing Alevel course at 21 years old. Is it scary doing As at 19 and A2 at 20yrs. Is anyone doing As with big age, I just want to know is that normal or its only me. my brothers all entered the university the age of 19 yrs!!!!!please help me:confused:

I dont see whats wrong :smile: Age doesnt really matter
Reply 8
samrawuk
Age certainly doesn't matter, in my AS Physics last year there was a 53 year old Spanish man.

Whoa :eek:
Reply 9
usman_s
I got AABB for my AS and i am expecting ABB for my A2. But im still repeating the exams in Jan07 when my unis start in aug. which means i will be finishing my A2 at the age of 20. Im doing all this jus to get into a medical college for scholarship.. i cant afford the fee.
U guys think i should do it?

Well...
if you go to a community college then there will be people of all ages. I'll be turning 20 soon and doing my A2's this year. predicted AAAa.
I'm glad i've done them later, i think i've taken them more seriously.
and also in my spanish class there were people in their 50's and older.
Reply 11
Neo~
Whoa :eek:[/QUOT

I also know a 70+ man who comes into my workplace, that completed an AS level in art.
Age really is not an issue.
Reply 12
man i 19 and took a gap year i though i was old
still wondering why you got kicked out? i know a fair few at college who are just there because its 'the next natural step.' depends why you are studying i guess.

19 isnt too old (i'm older), but what have you been doing the last 3 years?
Don't worry about your age... there is plenty of people far, far older than you. Many people start uni at 18/19/20 after having gap years, working then deciding to go to uni. Don't worry. Just do what makes you happy!
Reply 15
Yeah.. don't worry about your age.. There are some 19y/o and 20y/o in my school studying A levels.

Latest