The Student Room Group

Girls - has the Internet given you too much of a big head?

Scroll to see replies

Why does everyone on that site act like wannabe badasses. "Brah this, phaggot that"....:confused:
Reply 21
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
If anything, it's actually damaged my self-esteem.

You're not the only one, my experience with online dating really knocked my confidence.
Original post by PatheticVirgin
I thought that section of the forum is like 4chan, trolls trolling trolls?

Trolls should all be sectioned in 4Chan (b to be precise) never to be allowed to go anywhere else. Leaving them to throw their poo at each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23

That just didn't go the way I thought it would. Ahh bb.com :rolleyes:
Original post by Ice Constricter
Why does everyone on that site act like wannabe badasses. "Brah this, phaggot that"....:confused:

Everyone on this forum seems like the sort of morons you don't want to meet or associate with on a night out. Corn balls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tooosh
That just didn't go the way I thought it would. Ahh bb.com :rolleyes:

And to think that people actually complain about TSR trolls....

I can almost guarantee I lost a few IQ points reading that thread on bb.com
Original post by jblackmoustache
Everyone on this forum seems like the sort of morons you don't want to meet or associate with on a night out. Corn balls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, and those idiots also give any guy that goes to the gym a bad name. Cause once you tell girls you're a regular gym goer they immediately categorize you as one of those morons that berates anyone who can't bench over 300 as a wimpy little 'phaggot'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
what, this happens with guys AND girls, I see just as many guys with loads of likes on their photos - I really don't think there's any divide here. You're comparing guys who don't get a bunch of likes with girls who get loads, you're forgetting about the girls whose photos no one bothers with.

I'll say though that it's not necessarily the most attractive people who get the most attention - some gorgeous people seem to get hardly any, some average types get loads - but I think those who want attention and seek it, get it.
My ego is about the same. I have never been one for posting pictures I have took of myself as I would just feel too self conscious. I am at the point in my life where I have pretty much accepted my looks, and now I'm more interested in the non physical aspects of myself.
Lotta knowledge on that site regarding bodybuilding but I would never join in discussions. Not the sort of people I'd want to interact with on that site (a large group of them).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. That forum oozes arrogance
Yeah, and those idiots also give any guy that goes to the gym a bad name. Cause once you tell girls you're a regular gym goer they immediately categorize you as one of those morons that berates anyone who can't bench over 300 as a wimpy little 'phaggot'.

Makes me sad :frown: with a name like Bodybuilding.com people who don't know the whole fitness thing would see these guys as the main representatives for bodybuilding. Sad because there are lots of nice dudes who go to the gym who train differently for different sports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
A man complaining about women having too much power in this society.

:lolwut:

:lolwut:
Reply 32
The posters on bb.com act that way on purpose and are perfectly aware of the stereotype. It's still not particularly funny but, you know.

Lol. Im happy being a "wimpy little "phaggot" if that's the case. I don't bench, but even then I don't think I'd be able to do much more than 45Kg (on 10 reps), but I really don't see why it matters?
Makes me sad :frown: with a name like Bodybuilding.com people who don't know the whole fitness thing would see these guys as the main representatives for bodybuilding. Sad because there are lots of nice dudes who go to the gym who train differently for different sports

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I think most people on the Misc just talk like that for amusement. I mean, they don't literally think the OP of every thread is a "phaggot".
Reply 35
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Lol, I think most people on the Misc just talk like that for amusement. I mean, they don't literally think the OP of every thread is a "phaggot".

Yeah you're right. It's hardly serious and it's not like they're like that irl.
Original post by de_monies
Lol. Im happy being a "wimpy little "phaggot" if that's the case. I don't bench, but even then I don't think I'd be able to do much more than 45Kg (on 10 reps), but I really don't see why it matters?

I know it doesn't matter. Maybe I worded it badly, but I was saying that's the kind of thing the guys on bodybuilding.com say not me lol.
Reply 37
Social sites do have an effect on real life irrespective of gender. Presuming that girls are getting big heads by some likes maybe correct to some extent but not much. Also guys having worse effects. And anyways getting likes is no biggie, just add some sleeze balls and there u go :P
Its cause of guys like Hasan4life. They should be hung. :smug:

4chan has influenced a lot of the misc - but generally the place is hilarious. Don't expect any of them to talk like that irl though, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending