The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men WJEC EXAM

Hi, I'm sitting my exam for of mice and men on wednesday,I am really nervous and was wondering if anyone had any good tips for being prepared for the Short and Long questions. PLEASE HELP!
If you know the book and key quotes then you should be fine as far as I know
Reply 2
I got an A* in mine, I'm not going to tell you what to put though, mine was on the Downfall of Lennie and that was only last year so I can tell you now it most likely wont.

I won't give you any quotations or anything either but for weeks beforehand my friends and I constantly made jokes using lines from the book so we knew it pretty well. (because we're cool like that)

Here's some tips for you in the exam;

- Use chronological order to go from point to point. This way you can almost Re-tell the story without having to worry about how you're going to word your next point. Although words like 'furthermore' apparently help.

- When it comes to the bigger mark questions you should have an overall point, then quotations to support it and a conclusion.

- Don't shout in the exam 'No (insert name of person you don't like) I will not give you the answer to question 2!' because you will have your paper ripped up.

- If you need extra revision youtube 'Miss West RMS' I don't know who she is or where she's from, but she does OMAM revision videos. Unfortunately I didn't know of these until a few months after my OMAM exam. -_-
Reply 3
Original post by aaaaaaa
Hi, I'm sitting my exam for of mice and men on wednesday,I am really nervous and was wondering if anyone had any good tips for being prepared for the Short and Long questions. PLEASE HELP!

Ah yes, I remember that one.

For our language exam the questions were about Candy's dog, and the relationship between Lennie and George. I can't remember what the literature exam questions were about, but I think one of them was about women (the only women in the book either have no name or are not there), and one about the American Dream.

In any case, all I can advise is to go through a few practice questions to get yourself used to writing the answers, and learn some key quotes for each character. These quotes can then be adapted for different questions, even if the questions weren't about those characters.

Good luck, and remember to tend the wabbits.
Reply 4
I got a few universal points and quotes I could make so whatever came up I could definitely put that in by altering them a little bit. I can't quite remember the specific ones I used but I am pretty certain foreboding or loneliness could be applied to a lot of questions so get some quotes on them :smile:
How'd you find it? Nice part A, awkward B and C I thought. Did B eventually and chose Curley's Wife

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by aaaaaaa

hey i am also sitting the exam on wednesday and we were told learn lots of quotes and explain them we should be fine if we do that. another way you can help your revision is by reading over essays you might have done in class. lastly you can also look over passed questions that have come up and see if you know how to answer them and what you would say of the top your head. i dont know if this was any help
Original post by HOLLY06
hey i am also sitting the exam on wednesday and we were told learn lots of quotes and explain them we should be fine if we do that. another way you can help your revision is by reading over essays you might have done in class. lastly you can also look over passed questions that have come up and see if you know how to answer them and what you would say of the top your head. i dont know if this was any help

This thread was posted in 2013, so I assume that person probably has a job now or is at a university. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by kurro
This thread was posted in 2013, so I assume that person probably has a job now or is at a university. :smile:

oh haha omg i am so stupid thanks for telling me :smile:
Original post by HOLLY06
oh haha omg i am so stupid thanks for telling me :smile:

hahaha dw
I have done this a lot lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending