The Student Room Group

19, female, still a virgin - should I wait for it to be special or not bother?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I was very shy of boys so didn't really have any contact with them til I was 18 when I had my first boyfriend, however he wasn't really interested in sex although I was so I didn't lose my virginity to him. I've had oral sex with 2 guys at uni, but have held off going the whole way because I've always said to myself I want to be in a relationship when I lose it or at least do it with someone who cares about me.

However no guys I like really want to be in relationship as a uni fresher, and I'm getting really sexually frustrated! My flatmate and I are really good friends and have massive sexual tension, he's said if we did ever have sex he promised it would be good, he's very sexually experienced. It wouldn't be awkward afterwards, and I want him badly. Is it worth waiting for the first time to be special or just be done with it at this stage?

tbh i wouldnt say your 1st time is that special- it just hurts! its up to you really- my 1st time was with a friend rather than a bf and im glad it was. if your with a bf and he dumps you soon after- youl feel used and upset. if your with a friend, you know where u both stand and if your not expecting it to go further then you cant really get hurt.

i was getting towards the age of 'omg your still a virgin?' and im glad i lost it- not to please others but so i could join in conversations/'i have never' games, feel its not that big a deal to sleep with a guy if i wanted to, and not have to lie the whole time cos i felt embarrassed.

its completely up to you. i know people in their mid 20s who are still virgins, and i know people who had sex at 12. whatever you feel is right for you- do it!
just make sure theres no chance of getting pregnant

:-)
people can take this special thing way too far.

Just make sure hes a nice guy, you can be friendly together, and you would both be up for some good sexual contact.
Reply 22
people can take this special thing way too far.

Just make sure hes a nice guy, you can be friendly together, and you would both be up for some good sexual contact.

this topic take large though for express our meaning
keep the girl in home and any people can not touch her virginity
the virginity like the ID cart in the life
Reply 23
Original post by unprinted
It's your virginity, it's up to you.

The first time with anyone can be special, particularly if it is in a relationship.

There would very probably be an element of awkwardness afterwards with the flatmate. He can't know it'd be good, and you can never be sure that you won't have a mismatch in what you want out of it (a nice evening and nothing more vs doing it again vs a relationship vs...) and if it goes badly, for whatever reason, you're presumably going to be facing each other for at least another six months.

If you're determined to explore this option, talk to him about what would happen. If he has a 'recipe' in mind, he's less of a good idea than he thinks, because people vary in what they like and this is exploration for you, not being taken on a guided tour...

This is great advice. The flatmate thing is what you need to be careful of.

But in terms of waiting it's completely up to you. You shouldn't feel like you have to wait just because someone or society said you should, likewise you shouldn't feel you have to lose your virginity just because of that! The most important things are that you're safe (sti and pregnancy wise) and you're honest with the other party- if you only want sex make sure you are clear on that beforehand, and remember the above about changing minds/mismatch of what you each want!

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
Reply 24
do what ever you feel like to do, but remeber there will be consenquences for your action.
wait
Reply 26
I was very shy of boys so didn't really have any contact with them til I was 18 when I had my first boyfriend, however he wasn't really interested in sex although I was so I didn't lose my virginity to him. I've had oral sex with 2 guys at uni, but have held off going the whole way because I've always said to myself I want to be in a relationship when I lose it or at least do it with someone who cares about me.

However no guys I like really want to be in relationship as a uni fresher, and I'm getting really sexually frustrated! My flatmate and I are really good friends and have massive sexual tension, he's said if we did ever have sex he promised it would be good, he's very sexually experienced. It wouldn't be awkward afterwards, and I want him badly. Is it worth waiting for the first time to be special or just be done with it at this stage?

Its entirely up to you, but I'd wait for someone special.
I waited until I was 20. My first boyfriend, my first for everything. I love him to pieces, and so glad he's my special one and only :smile:
Reply 28
I'm 18 and I'm still a virgin. The way I see it, you should wait to have sex with someone who is special to you, and who it would feel right with, rather than just for the sake of it. That's what I'm doing! :smile:
Reply 29
Oral sex is sex!

Quick Reply

Latest