The Student Room Group

NHS Funding

Hey..I am currently studying 1st year LD Nursing that I started in Oct this year. I want to drop out as I have no motivation or interest in the course :frown:

I was wondering if I will be able to drop out at the end of the year without being asked to pay back the tuition fees or if I drop out now will I still have to pay back the tuition fees? I don't know what to do :frown:
Reply 1
As far as I know you won't have to pay the fees back, just the student loan if you took one.

Although in my opinion you should.
Original post by Shandola
Hey..I am currently studying 1st year LD Nursing that I started in Oct this year. I want to drop out as I have no motivation or interest in the course :frown:

I was wondering if I will be able to drop out at the end of the year without being asked to pay back the tuition fees or if I drop out now will I still have to pay back the tuition fees? I don't know what to do :frown:

It doesn't matter when you drop out, you won't have to pay back the fees, but you will be liable to pay back any student loans you receive after you leave, or NHS bursary you've been paid since the date you decide to leave.

Also, if you ever want to study a NHS-funded course again, you may have to fund some of the first year yourself, as you have already received some funding for the time you were in attendance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending