The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
i'm doing english and philosophy, not sure if that's any help?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
ah no thats cool! how you finding it?
Sorry, i meant i'm going to do it in september, i'm not there yet! Sorry, that post was a bit misleading wasn't it? :-(
Reply 4
Heya just finished first year of Leeds, I did English but you have to do a modle from another suject to make up the credits (you have do 120 and english is only 80) so I did 40 in Philosophy and it was brilliant. Yeh its true its not assessed by exams, its two essays for every module and the average grade between them. Its quite a bit of reading which I dont mind as I do english but you will prob really enjoy the subjet! Chances are its only 80 credits so you'll also have to do a module of another subject and they'll give u exams. grr. x
Reply 5
Hellooo. I do psychology and philosophy. It is true that the majority is not assessed by exam, however there is one reason and arguement mid term exam in the first semester thats all. The rest is assessed by essays, two per module which is quite good as it gives you the time to get your head around the subject, because from what ive heard its a bit different from A level, but i wouldnt know because i had never done it before! But its a great course, but not being assessed by exams is great because it took me a while anyway to get to grips with actually writing a good degree level philosophy essay, pushing me into exams straight off would have been awful! Im sure you will love it!
Reply 6
melissamel
I'm going to be starting this course in september...anyone doing it?

I AM!

can't wait :biggrin:

Latest