The Student Room Group

Holiday with girlfriend, where to go?

Hey guys, this is going to be our first holiday abroad together, does anyone know anywhere particular nice to go, any recommendations? Would be nice to hear all your ideas and where you've been before!

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

My sister is going with her boyfriend to Prague for 4 days, they're staying in an insanely nice 5 star hotel (they got 60% off) with a spa. So jealous :redface:

Edit: why was I negged for this? Does TSR have a previously unseen vendetta against Prague? :erm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Hawaii!!
Kavos.... That's one you'll never forget!!!
If it's in the winter or early Spring, I'd suggest Berlin.
Margate
Reply 6
I went to Brussels with my boyfriend, took the Eurostar and stayed in the Hotel Amigo which is right in the old part of Brussels. Really picturesque during the day and a lively nightlife with some really good fun bars, we had a great weekend!
Reply 7
Original post by desdemonata
My sister is going with her boyfriend to Prague for 4 days, they're staying in an insanely nice 5 star hotel (they got 60% off) with a spa. So jealous :redface:

That sounds great!
Reply 8
Original post by HayleyMB05
I went to Brussels with my boyfriend, took the Eurostar and stayed in the Hotel Amigo which is right in the old part of Brussels. Really picturesque during the day and a lively nightlife with some really good fun bars, we had a great weekend!

and how much did that cost if i may ask:tongue:

and we are going this summer! she says she prefers sun/beachy places but I'm open to ideas!
Original post by SG-
That sounds great!

If you're interested, I can ask her about it :h: All I know is that they used a particular website with this "mystery hotel" thing (all they knew was that it was a luxury hotel and that it had a spa), which is why they got such a discount. They still have to pay for their flights and everything, but yeah, pretty cheap considering :smile:
Reply 10
I always thought staying in a ski resort with a significant other would be soooo romantic. plenty to do, amazing scenery, cosy hotels, friendly people. It is expensive though... and not worth it if you can't ski/snowboard sufficiently well enough to spend 5+ hours doing it every day!
Original post by SG-
and how much did that cost if i may ask:tongue:

and we are going this summer! she says she prefers sun/beachy places but I'm open to ideas!

Well it cost £250 in total and that was for both of us return on the Eurostar and for one night in the hotel....but to be fair it was a 5* hotel so not such a bad deal (we figured we'd splash out because it was our anniversary and we could only go for one night! :P)

Ah yeah it is more of a city break, so maybe not the best option if you want to do a beach holiday but its definitely a really awesome place so if you wanted to maybe do few days in city and then go to the beach its definitely worth considering! France isn't far to move on to some good beaches afterwards!
I went to tenerife with the boyf last year. Since it was our first holiday we wanted something simple - just a package holiday so we didn't have to worry about anything. However, maybe not so great for beaches, but beautiful weather and lots to do. We went to the zoo (Loro Parque... amazing), water park (Siam Park... excellent if you like water parks!) and we went up the volcano at night-time at sunset - very romantic. Lots to do for nightlife there too!
I literally got back from Barcelona with my boyfriend on Friday and it was so nice, not too busy because its not peak time but still really warm and beautiful weather during the day with lots of places to visit. Very cheap hotels too I got mine for £123 for 2 people for 4 nights, not bad. It was also a surprise trip as I was told 24 hours before I got on the plane, very rushed but so worth it. :smile:
go to Chad.
Ahh yeah, I recommend Barcelona too, I live there for years and it is an amazing city :smile: Though as the previous poster said, it can get pretty busy during tourist time, so off-peak is probably best.
Original post by desdemonata
If you're interested, I can ask her about it :h: All I know is that they used a particular website with this "mystery hotel" thing (all they knew was that it was a luxury hotel and that it had a spa), which is why they got such a discount. They still have to pay for their flights and everything, but yeah, pretty cheap considering :smile:

that site is lastminute.com
Reply 17
Majorca
Reply 18
Went to Lisbon over New Years. Its nice place, similar to Barcelona. Lots of historical places to go and see, some great pictures too.

You've gotta like walking though, there is a reason Lisbon is "The city of seven hills"...
Thailand or Vietnam!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending