The Student Room Group

Still really awkward about physical contact

If I'm really excited and I feel comfortable with someone then I will hug my friends and things, but as a rule I don't really do the whole physical contact thing, no idea why I'm so awkward that way. I'll consider it, I just physically can't bring myself to. I can only kiss guys if I've drunk a considerable amount first because I'm so shy when it comes to that stuff, anyone got any advice as to how to be less awkward? If I ever want a proper relationship I've got to deal with this.
I feel the same!
Reply 2
I think the key is relaxing. If you find yourself trying to start a relationship with somebody, try to be in a calm/quiet place and take it slowly, that way you're more likely to be able to relax.
i am the same lol.

ive kissed like 100 guys or something ridiculous but when it comes to being sober, in a room with a guy or on a date i am sooo freakily shy. Totally the opposite to when im drunk and throwing myself on people lol.

Dunno what it is, but wish it would stop cos its annoying.
Reply 4
How old of you out of interest?
I'm 18. I first kissed a boy when I was 14 and was SOOOOOOOO awkward about it.
I still rarely kiss when I'm out (I've kissed less than 10 boys in my entire life) but I've been in 2 serious relationships (both over 18 months).
I still wouldn't want to do anything more than kiss a stranger though, and I'm not a goody-two-shoes-angel.
I wouldn't worry about it, physical contact is something that comes with feelings for someone and I'm sure if you're with someone special you'll feel differently. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by al-pal
How old of you out of interest?
I'm 18. I first kissed a boy when I was 14 and was SOOOOOOOO awkward about it.
I still rarely kiss when I'm out (I've kissed less than 10 boys in my entire life) but I've been in 2 serious relationships (both over 18 months).
I still wouldn't want to do anything more than kiss a stranger though, and I'm not a goody-two-shoes-angel.
I wouldn't worry about it, physical contact is something that comes with feelings for someone and I'm sure if you're with someone special you'll feel differently. :smile:

I'm 18, had my first proper kiss when I was 17 and that was only because I'd been drinking and I didn't want to start university having never kissed anyone, ever.
Original post by Anonymous
If I'm really excited and I feel comfortable with someone then I will hug my friends and things, but as a rule I don't really do the whole physical contact thing, no idea why I'm so awkward that way. I'll consider it, I just physically can't bring myself to. I can only kiss guys if I've drunk a considerable amount first because I'm so shy when it comes to that stuff, anyone got any advice as to how to be less awkward? If I ever want a proper relationship I've got to deal with this.

keeepp gettting drunkkkk......
Reply 7
Original post by student room sk
keeepp gettting drunkkkk......

Don't want to because the last time I did I just made a massive fool of myself. Not even sure exactly what I said but I know I said one or two incredibly stupid things.
Original post by Anonymous
Don't want to because the last time I did I just made a massive fool of myself. Not even sure exactly what I said but I know I said one or two incredibly stupid things.

story of my life x
only difference I don't need to be drunk to say something stupid...
Reply 9
Original post by student room sk
story of my life x
only difference I don't need to be drunk to say something stupid...

Neither do I. It just gets worse when I'm drunk, and I get very clumsy. :tongue:
Reply 10
Awh I dunno what to say! I dont think you have anything to worry about but I realise that's hardly reassuring and not advice :/
Can you chat to people you fancy when sober?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by al-pal
Awh I dunno what to say! I dont think you have anything to worry about but I realise that's hardly reassuring and not advice :/
Can you chat to people you fancy when sober?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, I have no problem talking to people. If anything I talk too much :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending