The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Futures Programme 2022

Hey guys, I just got an email from Qmul yesterday telling me I got accepted for their Futures programme and the first event will be on Thursday 24 Feb. If you're also going feel free to introduce yourself and use this as a thread to talk about the programme :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So did i! But mine starts on Wednesday!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by 111mimi
So did i! But mine starts on Wednesday!

Oh I see! What subject strand are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by econgirrrl
Oh I see! What subject strand are you doing?

chemical and physical sciences
Reply 4
Original post by 111mimi
chemical and physical sciences

I'm doing Business & Management even though Economics & Finance was my first choice. Let me know how it went on Wednesday!
Hey guys, I just got an email from Qmul yesterday telling me I got accepted for their Futures programme and the first event will be on Thursday 24 Feb. If you're also going feel free to introduce yourself and use this as a thread to talk about the programme :smile:

A big congratulations to you !!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Kavita2002- QMUL
A big congratulations to you !!! :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
I'm doing Business & Management even though Economics & Finance was my first choice. Let me know how it went on Wednesday!

It was actually so much fun!!
Reply 8
Original post by 111mimi
It was actually so much fun!!

That’s great! I’m excited to go tonight ^^

Were there lots of students in your strand?
Reply 9
Which strand?? I was there too
Original post by Imti77
Which strand?? I was there too

Business & Management, how about you?

Were you there on Thursday?
Reply 11
Business & Management, how about you?

Were you there on Thursday?

Ohh nah im doing engineering and materials so i go in Wednesdays
Hey Guys!

I know this week is the final week for the QM Futures programme - I hope you guys have had a great time with us ambassadors and on our campus!

How have you guys found it?
What have been the highlights?
Is there anything you wish you would've done/seen?

Feel free to have some discussion about this and leave any comments you want regarding this programme :smile:

Good luck with everything!

- Liv, Student Ambassador and Official Rep
Original post by LivQMUL
Hey Guys!

I know this week is the final week for the QM Futures programme - I hope you guys have had a great time with us ambassadors and on our campus!

How have you guys found it?
What have been the highlights?
Is there anything you wish you would've done/seen?

Feel free to have some discussion about this and leave any comments you want regarding this programme :smile:

Good luck with everything!

- Liv, Student Ambassador and Official Rep

Hey, apologies for the super late reply!

I would say overall I really enjoyed the programme, however I wish the tour of the uni was a bit more organised because the student ambassador who led my tour didn't seem to be super sure where to go and what to tell us. Also, I wish there would've been a bit more academic lectures to get a taste of what studying that subject is like and less general sessions like the 'study skills' session which I personally didn't find very useful. It would've been great if we had a session on Personal Statements too!

And finally, I wish you offered the programme for Economics & Finance as that was my main area of interest, but I still found it a great experience to learn about Business & Management. :smile:

Hello. Can u tell me about the programme. Like was it fun, did it help give u things for ur personal statement? What u did there. Basically the whole experience. Also did u wear school clothes?
Original post by Rainyzack
Hello. Can u tell me about the programme. Like was it fun, did it help give u things for ur personal statement? What u did there. Basically the whole experience. Also did u wear school clothes?

hey, the programme was fun - it was a good experience to get a feel of the university, get a campus tour, have some taster lectures and talk to current qmul students as well as alumni to learn what studying at qmul is like and where it could take you. the lectures weren't very complicated tho so i didn't end up talking about the programme in my personal statement bcs i had other activities and books that were more impressive to talk about on my ps, but it's up to you. nope i didn't wear school clothes and most people didn't, but there were a few who came to qmul directly from school (it was on a tuesday after school for my cohort) so a few people wore uniform. lemme know if you have any other questions:smile:

hey i got accepted as well for the queen mary futures programme 2023 which one did u choose
Original post by Anonymous
hey i got accepted as well for the queen mary futures programme 2023 which one did u choose

I picked the computer science one. Which one did u do?
I picked the computer science one. Which one did u do?

damn i picked the biological and behavioural science strand one and idk anyone from my school that is going
Original post by Anonymous
damn i picked the biological and behavioural science strand one and idk anyone from my school that is going

Same. Hopefully it won’t be awkward if I go alone. It probs won’t be that bad tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending