The Student Room Group

Aeronautical Engineering applicants 2013/14

Hi, I've not seen any threads on the course so just setting it up to see who else has applied/got offers for aeronautical/aerospace engineering to share their feelings on the course and how their applications are going!

I myself will probably be heading to Glasgow uni to do said subject, got an unconditional offer in December!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by munchen102
Hi, I've not seen any threads on the course so just setting it up to see who else has applied/got offers for aeronautical/aerospace engineering to share their feelings on the course and how their applications are going!

I myself will probably be heading to Glasgow uni to do said subject, got an unconditional offer in December!

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you looking forward to it?
Reply 2
Original post by a10
are you looking forward to it?

Yes very much so, I'm just looking forward to uni life in general!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha will be stressful but fun :wink: are you going to do the MEng?
Reply 4
Well I've applied to the beng but I'm under the impression that if your grades are good enough in the first and second year you can get moved up! Are you doing engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Well I've applied to the beng but I'm under the impression that if your grades are good enough in the first and second year you can get moved up! Are you doing engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes you are correct :smile: if you do well in your second year and first you will be given the option to study MEng. I'm applying for mechanical engineering for 2013 entry :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by a10
yes you are correct :smile: if you do well in your second year and first you will be given the option to study MEng. I'm applying for mechanical engineering for 2013 entry :smile:

What uni? Yeah I'm really looking forward to it! I'm not sure if you actually require a knowledge of aircraft (which I don't have) haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
What uni? Yeah I'm really looking forward to it! I'm not sure if you actually require a knowledge of aircraft (which I don't have) haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha nahh don't worry about that you will be taught everything :tongue:

my first choice is Sussex :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by a10
haha nahh don't worry about that you will be taught everything :tongue:

my first choice is Sussex :smile:

That's good!! I can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying next year :biggrin: , just thought I'd stop in and say hi :tongue:
Reply 10
I'm thinking of Imperial, UCL, Bath, Bristol, Edinburgh, Southampton and one safety, will have to narrow it down eventually :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Albino_muffin
I'm thinking of Imperial, UCL, Bath, Bristol, Edinburgh, Southampton and one safety, will have to narrow it down eventually :tongue:

If you are applying to mechanical engineering in Scotland your better off with Strathclyde uni, although it's not as prestigious it is a far better uni for mechanical engineering! However if it's aeronautical your applying for it should be Glasgow Uni as that's the best for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are applying to mechanical engineering in Scotland your better off with Strathclyde uni, although it's not as prestigious it is a far better uni for mechanical engineering! However if it's aeronautical your applying for it should be Glasgow Uni as that's the best for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

THanks very much :smile: I don't actually know a great deal about Scottish unis so that really helps :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Albino_muffin
THanks very much :smile: I don't actually know a great deal about Scottish unis so that really helps :smile:

Yeah well from my knowledge that is true! Strathclyde is mostly famous for it's business and engineering (especially mechanical). However in general Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews are the most prestigious for subjects like physics, maths, chemistry, medicine etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make the most of first year. There won't be as much time in later years.
Reply 16
Original post by djpailo
Make the most of first year. There won't be as much time in later years.

Do you do this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Do you do this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a 4th year aero student.
Reply 18
What uni? And how did u enjoy the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
What uni? And how did u enjoy the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol and its so and so. The problem with engineering these days is you have to learn EVERYTHING and sometimes you kinda just want to start specializing in something once you've found your passion. You do learn a **** load though. They do keep telling us there is light at the end of the tunnel. I dearly hope so.

Quick Reply

Latest