The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That's shocking that cally and Edinburgh won't accept your HNC wilaggy...Jeezo! Hopefully their loss will be another's gain.

I'm starting to think I should've had a back up plan now too, sounds like the right idea...
personally I dont think its a lot because its just normality to me, but a few people have said it is quite a bit of experience I have gained. thanks a lot Jim, very appreciated! Hopefully Strathclyde or Caledonia will take me :frown: haha. Cos if they dont, I have no idea what I will do for a year?! :/ lolol

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is shocking wilaggy, youv still got your HNC so I dont understand why they wouldnt accept it? Daft if you ask me!! & I have no back up plan whatsoever, maybe I should look into one? Hopefully none of us need backups and all get in :smile: haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
hope so too. I just am too impatient bto wait to apply again next year so hoping ill def get college if not uni. the applications for that course have just opened so worth a look. if I did that route id start second year of sw degree.

Andrew def sounds like youve got loads of experience paid and personal which is a good balance and sounds very positive that you got second stage of strathy too. maybe well all get an offer there.

is it just me checking ucas every hour.lol must have thousands of applications to get through. on plus side if we get through this stage of strathy we dont need interview as weve got more than 6 mths experience. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a real lack of patience when it comes to things like this lolol. Ive constantly been checking UCAS hoping that somehow it will have changed within the hour! Thanks wilaggy, means a lot! & hopefully wont need to be interviewed by Strathclyde, im pants at interviews :frown: lolol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
will also have a look into that course your talking about aswell, sounds good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
That's me send in my paisley essays now so it's out of my hands! Was talking to my old HNC tutor/ reference yesterday... As Caledonian and cardonald have a kind of affiliation, tutor recommends one or two students for second year, which Caledonian usually accept, just found out tutor recommended me...gulp. I'm worried sick, would be happy with any bloody offer from anywhere at the mo!

Aw guys, hope we all get an offer...sounds like we got the skills and experience between the three of us to make up for around 30 students!!! Keep us posted :smile:
Good luck Jim!! That was good of your lecturer to recommend you, looks like your defo getting in to uni this year :biggrin: ! Im going to write my cale essay today, hungover :frown: was my birthday night out last night & then thats me. A waiting game after that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Oh happy birthday Andrew, hope u had a good night and ain't suffering too much! Good luck with your essay...let me know how you get on.
Thanks very much Jim :smile: and will do! Do you kno how long it takes for Strathy to get back and say if your on to next stage? Do you kno about Cale aswel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
aww happy birthday andrew. hope u had a nice day. still no word at my end. good on u jim. sounds like a sure thing for u getting in then. :wink:. really pleased for u. theres a girl on other thread going for interview at strathclyde next month too. im not sure whether its a bad sign not hearing or not for me. im feeling quite defeated now. just want to know either way so I can make plans......ggrrrr. keep us updated jim. :wink: hope essay went okay andrew :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks very much wilaggy :smile: maybe because you have enough relevant experience then thats why they havent contacted you about an interview? maybe no news is good news? still not done the essay, I have total mind blank and have no idea whatsoever of what to put in it. Drinking last night was a BAD idea lolol .. Early start tomorrow and ill have a bash at it :smile: I have until 8pm to submit it. I work better under pressure lolol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Ooooh, we would have to go for interview though....

I was told that strathy aim to get back to u 4 weeks after they get the essay back, I'm hoping to hear this week. Cale aim for the 31st March I think.

What the other thread wilaggy???
Reply 33
We wouldn't I mean!!
Reply 34
was just a general social work 2013 thread I found but seems to be all students applying to english unis. apart from the one girl who is going to an interview in strathy.

im into the 4 week mark next week I think. .....watch this space. aye 6mths plus experience no interview done according to the prospectus! lets hope its a good sign. hope I hear before I go on hols or ill no be able to relax:frown:

andrew whats your other essay to be on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
ps.....my name is arlene.......case you two think ive got a funky first name :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
my other essay was “In what ways does your work and educational experience prepare you for studying an Honours degree in Social Work?” Thats it sent away to Cale along with my reference, so its just a waiting game now. Good luck Jim and Arlene, hopefully we get word back soonish :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Hope we hear something soon, I'm struggling to think about anything else...it's like a form of torture haha
I keep thinking about it too! Once the new tomb raider comes out itl preoccupy me until i hear back from ucas! I submitted my cale essay about 10mins late, hope it doesnt ruin my chances :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
im def no in to stirling guys. just spoke to them again. all second stage applicants have been sent case study out. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest