The Student Room Group

Going to the doctors for relationship depression?

Wish to stay anon as i know some people on here.

Hey Tsr,

I was just wondering what the doctors will do to help with depression, i've come out of a two year relationship and its already been quite a few months. Some days im happy, but it will still kick in during the end of the day and there are some days where im really really miserable. I was just wondering what the best option would be, would it help if i went to some sort of relationship counselling and seek for their advice or booking an appointment with the doctors to seek their advice on the depression situation. I dont want to bother the doctors as talking about the relationship is such a small thing as it only effects me on some days.

Thank you
If you have depression, it doesn't matter what has triggered it, you should see a doctor. If it has been a number of months since your break up then it makes sense to try and sort it out. They would probably refer you to a counsellor if you're depressed for a reason that you know about, and 10 minutes out of their time isn't the end of the world, please don't worry about that, you have as much right to be there as everybody else :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending