The Student Room Group

Ucas Application Choice Mistake

I made my five choices for university recently and sent off my application but I put in the wrong choice for one of them but at the correct university; is there a way for me to remedy this?
Reply 1
Original post by Haruharu304
I made my five choices for university recently and sent off my application but I put in the wrong choice for one of them but at the correct university; is there a way for me to remedy this?
How long ago did you send it off, though I'm not an expert I heard there's a 7 day window to do some sort of edit with ucas, or change choices etc.
Reply 2
More than seven days ago, it's been at least two weeks now. I only noticed while checking through my tracking the other day that I picked the wrong course. I mixed up video games technology and video games design. It's quite problematic.
Reply 3
More than seven days ago, it's been at least two weeks now. I only noticed while checking through my tracking the other day that I picked the wrong course. I mixed up video games technology and video games design. It's quite problematic.
I've heard the general advice to be to phone up ucas, not sure if you should phone your university, have you got offers for any of them yet?

Give the uni possibly the department admissions) a call.

If it's the same uni, they can quite likely transfer you over and understand.
Reply 5
I have an invitation, two conditional offers and a rejection. Funnily enough, the one I mixed up is the only one I have not received a response from yet so I wish to remedy the situation as soon as possible.
Reply 6

Ring/email the university (a phone call will probably be dealt with faster, but I prefer to avoid phone calls wherever possible), and they might be able to fix it. But only maybe, and only if you ask soon. It's way past the deadline now, so they'll be under no obligation to even consider your application to the other course. Hopefully they'll understand, though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending