The Student Room Group

How to know clearing has gone through.

After applying for a course in clearing, I got an email saying congratulations and that I need to add the course as my Clearing Choice on UCAS. I believe I've done it on the website but there is absolutely no indication that anything has gone through, like nothing has changed or been added on my application page. On the original email I was told that my place is secured so I'm not terribly worried, just wondering if it should be blatantly obvious that my clearing option has been successful on the website or if I should receive a followup email of any sort. In case it is relevant the uni is NTU.
Original post by Kukelele
After applying for a course in clearing, I got an email saying congratulations and that I need to add the course as my Clearing Choice on UCAS. I believe I've done it on the website but there is absolutely no indication that anything has gone through, like nothing has changed or been added on my application page. On the original email I was told that my place is secured so I'm not terribly worried, just wondering if it should be blatantly obvious that my clearing option has been successful on the website or if I should receive a followup email of any sort. In case it is relevant the uni is NTU.

Could you tell us what your hub says?
To add a Clearing choice you need to go to the ‘Your choices’ section of your application and click 'Add Clearing choice.’ Then enter the details of the course. Then the University will accept this and if they have already confirmed via email then there should be no reason for them to not do this as you said. If you find they don't you could always give them a call to chase them but I'd recommend waiting a little longer because they will be busy today.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Hi @Kukelele, congratulations on your offer from NTU!

After receiving your offer, you'll need to add your course as your Clearing choice on UCAS in the 'Your Choices' section following the steps in the email you've received. Once added, our Admissions team will check your application with the grades you've received and if all matches up your offer will be confirmed - it could take a bit of time for us to process. If you could DM us your name, email address and NTU ID on here (please do not post publicly), I can ask our Admissions team to look into this on our side for you. If you have any questions, our team are here to help on 0115 848 6000.

Thanks,
Sammie - NTU Rep
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @Kukelele, congratulations on your offer from NTU!

After receiving your offer, you'll need to add your course as your Clearing choice on UCAS in the 'Your Choices' section following the steps in the email you've received. Once added, our Admissions team will check your application with the grades you've received and if all matches up your offer will be confirmed - it could take a bit of time for us to process. If you could DM us your name, email address and NTU ID on here (please do not post publicly), I can ask our Admissions team to look into this on our side for you. If you have any questions, our team are here to help on 0115 848 6000.

Thanks,
Sammie - NTU Rep

Sorry about that, I completely forgot that my firm and insurance offers had to be removed on the website for me to be placed into clearing - hence why nothing was showing up. Silly mistake, thank you though :smile:
Original post by Kukelele
Sorry about that, I completely forgot that my firm and insurance offers had to be removed on the website for me to be placed into clearing - hence why nothing was showing up. Silly mistake, thank you though :smile:

No worries at all! Glad you've got it sorted :smile: Have a great weekend and we hope to see you very soon at NTU!

Sammie - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending