The Student Room Group

St George's Biomedical Science 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone firmed St. George's yet?
Reply 41
Original post by Varsh05
Did they actually say you HAVE TO GET A*BB??
Coz I'm predicted an A* in french,and my offer was only ABB.
Strange,but oh well! :biggrin:

Yeah! I am not going to get A* so I've firmed King's College instead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by o_w
Yeah! I am not going to get A* so I've firmed King's College instead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your insurance? :h:
Reply 43
Original post by Varsh05
What's your insurance? :h:

I've firmed KCL and Insurance Royal Holloway.. Southampton was same grades as KCL so no point in putting that as insurance, although I did really like So'ton! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I firmed St. Georges too!!
Reply 45
Original post by KingOsuji
I firmed St. Georges too!!

*High five*! :wink:
Reply 46
Anyone have the address were meant to send all our documents to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by AHarris
Anyone have the address were meant to send all our documents to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ms Lynda Carter,BSc Admissions Officer,St George's,University of London,Cranmer Terrace,London SW17 0RE
I will be studying biomed at St. George's as of September-I'm a gap year applier, so I was able to apply with my grades and so know where I'll be :smile: so pleased to have found this thread, there seems to be very little on the Internet about St. George's compared to the vast majority of unis.
Reply 49
Original post by LilithSternin
I will be studying biomed at St. George's as of September-I'm a gap year applier, so I was able to apply with my grades and so know where I'll be :smile: so pleased to have found this thread, there seems to be very little on the Internet about St. George's compared to the vast majority of unis.

Nicee :wink:
What was your third subject other than Biology and Chemistry? :h:
Original post by Varsh05
Nicee :wink:
What was your third subject other than Biology and Chemistry? :h:

Hello :smile: I did maths-worst move of my life!! :P are you planning on going to St. George's too? :smile:
Reply 51
Hello :smile: I did maths-worst move of my life!! :P are you planning on going to St. George's too? :smile:

Yepp hopefully! :smile:
Just need to get the grades now
Maths is a nightmare btw,but hey you survived!
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. And indeed so! There doesn't seem to be much love for biomedical sciences for George's in 2013 on here mind! :P I'm getting slightly concerned about the accommodation thing, I'm from the North and so need to get it sorted, but as far as I know we just have to wait to receive more information, right?
Reply 53
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. And indeed so! There doesn't seem to be much love for biomedical sciences for George's in 2013 on here mind! :P I'm getting slightly concerned about the accommodation thing, I'm from the North and so need to get it sorted, but as far as I know we just have to wait to receive more information, right?

Thanks and *fingers crossed*
Yh plus there weren't that many people on the Open day either.
Maybe it's just our year..
Well I don't know much about the whole accommodation thing since I'm gonna be staying at home but I do know that they give priority to the 1st year students.
Why don't you email them and double check?
Original post by Varsh05
Thanks and *fingers crossed*
Yh plus there weren't that many people on the Open day either.
Maybe it's just our year..
Well I don't know much about the whole accommodation thing since I'm gonna be staying at home but I do know that they give priority to the 1st year students.
Why don't you email them and double check?

I know, it didn't seem too busy on the one I went to, did you go on the first or second date? I had to go to the second date due to work, so wondered if maybe people had just been keen and mostly booked for the first :smile:
I just received a load of stuff from them yesterday and they've said that I hadn't sent it my documents and passport photo, which I had, so I'm ringing them tomorrow anyway and think I'll ask about accommodation tomorrow too.
Reply 55
I know, it didn't seem too busy on the one I went to, did you go on the first or second date? I had to go to the second date due to work, so wondered if maybe people had just been keen and mostly booked for the first :smile:
I just received a load of stuff from them yesterday and they've said that I hadn't sent it my documents and passport photo, which I had, so I'm ringing them tomorrow anyway and think I'll ask about accommodation tomorrow too.

I went to the one that was on the 27th March if I'm not wrong :s-smilie:
Is that the same day you went as well?
Really??
Yh I got the same thing too!
My dad handed everything in for me since he works there,but I received the package yesterday, saying that they never received anything from me!!:angry:
My dad's gonna see the guy he gave the documents to tomorrow!
Hopefully they don't ask for anything again coz it was their fault if they lost it!
Plus it was sucha hassle trying to get all my certificates certified!
Original post by Varsh05
I went to the one that was on the 27th March if I'm not wrong :s-smilie:
Is that the same day you went as well?
Really??
Yh I got the same thing too!
My dad handed everything in for me since he works there,but I received the package yesterday, saying that they never received anything from me!!:angry:
My dad's gonna see the guy he gave the documents to tomorrow!
Hopefully they don't ask for anything again coz it was their fault if they lost it!
Plus it was sucha hassle trying to get all my certificates certified!

How bizarre! It's not really on if people's documents have been lost, maybe they put the packs together a while ago and forgot to alter it? I sent mine recorded delivered (mostly cause of the faff it was to get certified copies!!) And it was signed for, so like you, I know they received it.
I think it the 6th March that I went on the open day, so maybe not.
Reply 57
How bizarre! It's not really on if people's documents have been lost, maybe they put the packs together a while ago and forgot to alter it? I sent mine recorded delivered (mostly cause of the faff it was to get certified copies!!) And it was signed for, so like you, I know they received it.
I think it the 6th March that I went on the open day, so maybe not.

Yh you should definitely call them up!
That's just so irresponsible of them.
I went to the Applicant day,after I received my offer that is.
Wbu? Was it just an Open Day or Applicant Day?
Original post by Varsh05
Yh you should definitely call them up!
That's just so irresponsible of them.
I went to the Applicant day,after I received my offer that is.
Wbu? Was it just an Open Day or Applicant Day?

I phoned them, the packs were put together a while ago apparently and they did actually have my stuff fortunately! It was an Applicant Day I went to too, on the 6th March? Sounds like we may have been on the same one! :smile:
Reply 59
I phoned them, the packs were put together a while ago apparently and they did actually have my stuff fortunately! It was an Applicant Day I went to too, on the 6th March? Sounds like we may have been on the same one! :smile:

Yep samee,they said the same thing to my dad too,in fact the lady even showed him my docs.
Nope lol,I remember going the last week of March,it was just before the Eater hols. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending