The Student Room Group

My best friend and I both like the same person

Basically, my best friend and I both like the same person. I haven't told her, because I'm worried about what she'll say and think. He was technically her friend first, but he doesn't like her in the way that she wants him to, and found this out a couple of weeks ago. I really like him, and I don't know what to do. Usually, she would be the first person who I'd talk to about this, but she's my best friend and I don't want to upset her because I love her like a sister. I just find myself thinking about him all the time, but I don't know how to tell her that I like him. She recently met someone else who she likes, but she said she can't see anything happening. What do I do?!
Might seem easier said than done. But best to be honest with her. If she's your friend, then you'll be considerate and help each other :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
serious advice wait for your friend to acknowlege its not happening then go for it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

What do I do?!

Move on

Find someone else to like
Reply 4
Love triangle between two best freinds and a guy. O.o Do you want to end a good long freindship over a guy who will eventually break up with you then go ahead. Do you want to sacrafice a freindship over a guy? Imagine you were in her shoes..how would she feel....
No, don't do it. Get over him!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
The Bro code states that whomever glances eyes on the female counterpart first gets dibs on said lass. Whether successful or otherwise, the second bro must always ask for the permission of the first before making an advance.

Girls are bitchy and cruel however, so I'd say that he is probably fair game.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, my best friend and I both like the same person. I haven't told her, because I'm worried about what she'll say and think. He was technically her friend first, but he doesn't like her in the way that she wants him to, and found this out a couple of weeks ago. I really like him, and I don't know what to do. Usually, she would be the first person who I'd talk to about this, but she's my best friend and I don't want to upset her because I love her like a sister. I just find myself thinking about him all the time, but I don't know how to tell her that I like him. She recently met someone else who she likes, but she said she can't see anything happening. What do I do?!

Attractive, relationship-worthy guys are not too hard to come by. A friendship like that though is very rare, I suggest you try and find someone else, either way you will get with another great guy, or the time you spend doing so will be long enough for her to not care about him as much, and then you could make a move on him
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Just tell her! If she reacts badly and you value your friendship with her that much, then I'd probably just leave the situation and attempt to move on.
She might surprise you and be totally supportive like my best friend was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by midnightcities
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Just tell her! If she reacts badly and you value your friendship with her that much, then I'd probably just leave the situation and attempt to move on.
She might surprise you and be totally supportive like my best friend was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I hope so! I might just drop hints to her until she realises, because then maybe it won't come as so much as a shock. How did you tell your friend? I hope it worked out with you and whoever the guy was :smile:
Reply 10
Typical women - willing to lose good friends over a guy :rolleyes:

...this sort of thing makes me glad to be a guy.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending