The Student Room Group

Am I am home or EU student?

My parents are Portuguese and so am I, by nationality. My parents moved here before I was born to work in the UK- so I've lived here all my life, and we have the right of permenant residence.

Would I be classed an EU student or a home student? I don't know whether I'll be able to get any maintanace loans!

Thanks for any help! :smile:
Home student if you've lived here for a long period of time, I mean we have people from like Somalia who moved like a year ago, in my college who are classified as British, so I think you will as well :biggrin:
Home!

I have a Dutch passport and am considered a Dutch national but have lived in England nearly my whole life and I'm classed as home!
Reply 3
Home student because you are a resident here, is your passport British or Portuguese though? Because if its British you have a British nationality and are definitely a home student but even if its Portuguese I'm still pretty sure you are a home student. xxx
Reply 4
Original post by Blueray2
Home student if you've lived here for a long period of time, I mean we have people from like Somalia who moved like a year ago, in my college who are classified as British, so I think you will as well :biggrin:

Original post by The Wild Youth
Home!

I have a Dutch passport and am considered a Dutch national but have lived in England nearly my whole life and I'm classed as home!

Original post by gossipgirl1
Home student because you are a resident here, is your passport British or Portuguese though? Because if its British you have a British nationality and are definitely a home student but even if its Portuguese I'm still pretty sure you are a home student. xxx

Thank you so much! That's a relief :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending