The Student Room Group

Anyone taking CIE iGCSE in May/June 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Business Paper 2 tomorrow :/
Not my favourite subject, and not the easiest paper.
Original post by Cecilyrose
WAAAAAA!!!! I am so disappointed with my essays :frown: I've tried hard over the two years - and got an A in my mock ! ( :smile: ) but I did AWFULLY today :frown:

you??

Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine! I had a gift of a question on Caliban (The Tempest) but I messed up poetry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
Original post by zomi
I hate science in general, so perhaps that is an influence to my opinion.
I found paper 6 the worst paper 6 ever. Honestly, I screwed up most of the questions because I just didn't realise most of the stuff in time, just because it was so weird that I kept getting confused all the time! :c The other paper sixes I tried were soooo much easier, I always did them under exam conditions and got straight As or A*s even if I'm not a genius at science.
On the other hand, I found paper 3 fairly straightforward and quite better than others (again, if I don't get a good grade, it's because I'm not particularly good at science, haha).
How did you find it? :smile:

exactly the same, but I made some silly errors on paper 3 :colondollar: what did you get for the number of moles btw? and did you leave some out on paper 6?
Original post by silver79
The questions were really strange and not what I was expecting at all (for Julius Caesar and Gatsby.) I'm really scared that I completely messed it up. How did you find it?

I had a lovely question for The Tempest but I messed up my poetry, I wish there wasn't that stupid rule on you must do at least one passage question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Biology Paper 1, what were the answers to the Short haired cat question and the pyramid of biomass question?
With regard to CIE IGCSE English lit and lang, 0486 and 0500 respectively, does anyone know how the UMS / percentage uniform mark shebang operates?

Cheers.
Reply 586
Original post by Ali Jaffer
Business Paper 2 tomorrow :/
Not my favourite subject, and not the easiest paper.

I have it too :frown: Any advice? When do you do your exam?
Original post by SarahS92
I have it too :frown: Any advice? When do you do your exam?

Mines in the afternoon. What about you?
Original post by Molly_xox
Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine! I had a gift of a question on Caliban (The Tempest) but I messed up poetry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well done, im sure you didnt!! I did Death of a salesman -and all 3 questions were ridiculous!!

Does anyone know how the grade boundaries work for English literature??
For Biology Paper 1, what were the answers to the Short haired cat question and the pyramid of biomass question?

For the cat question I put C, the mother is heterozygous. If H is the allele for short hair and h the allele for long, her genotype can only be Hh or HH as she is short haired and this is the dominant gene. If she was homozygous HH then all of the kittens would have at least one H allele, meaning that none would be born with long fur. As two were born with long and three were born with short, she must be heterozygous Hh.

For the biomass question, I put A. All of the information in the question was irrelevant, pyramids of biomass are always triangular.
(edited 10 years ago)
I did biology paper 1 too
does anyone remember the DNA question??
and number 14 about what factors to keep constant?
and the question about the xylem??
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
For the cat question I put C, the mother is heterozygous.

For the biomass question, I put A. All of the information in the question was irrelevant, pyramids of biomass are always triangular.

I put B on the cat one. One of them has to be homozygous, for long hair atleast. Both of them made sense, im probably wrong though.
Yeah thats what i did for biomass too :biggrin:
Original post by Leyla_zimeya

For the DNA question I put C, lipase. DNA 'codes' for protein and enzymes are biological catalysts made of protein.

For question 14 I put C, the size of the plant and light intensity.

For the xylem, I put D, it is no longer alive.
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Ali Jaffer

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 594
Original post by mrsilovechocolat
Finally someone who hates science!! well I totally screwed up paper 6 as well,I know that a lot of people who are actually really good in science screwed it up too. It was so different from all the past papers ! -.-

I think only about 2 people in my class finished (and still said it went pretty bad), the rest of us didn't even finish ._. It was so different from all the other past papers, it totally confused me. I just hope it means that the grade boundaries are generous. :smile:

Original post by em123xxx
exactly the same, but I made some silly errors on paper 3 :colondollar: what did you get for the number of moles btw? and did you leave some out on paper 6?

I left about the last 2 or 3 physics questions because of lack of time (I'm a disaster, I know haha). I also left one chemistry diagram (couldn't remember it/think of something that could be good enough) and I think that another chemistry questions (I'm terrible at chemistry, as you can see). And there are some parts that I certainly know I have wrong (the circuit diagram, totally screwed it up, and noticed only at the end of the exam...).

The moles bit I got wrong, because I totally forgot that it was given in kilograms. So, I did well the 98% thing, but forgot to change kilograms to grams, so I'll probably only get one mark for getting the Mr or something... I can't remember the exact figures/question, though. I recall it being something about 1kg of something having a concentration of 98% or something like that. (I'm usually terrible at mole calculations, but I'm kind of disappointed because I did understand the question, but did it all wrong because of the kilogram mistake ;___; )

Btw, did you get the chemistry question which was all on reactions and stuff? Something about temperature and stuff, it was quite a weird page and couldn't even figure out the topic .-.

The DNA answer was lipase. Factors were plant mass and light intensity.
Forgot the xylem question. what was it?
I put B on the cat one. One of them has to be homozygous, for long hair atleast. Both of them made sense, im probably wrong though.
Yeah thats what i did for biomass too :biggrin:

I put homozygous too, and I think it's correct. The gender info was irrelevant so the button too were already wrong
The DNA answer was lipase. Factors were plant mass and light intensity.
Forgot the xylem question. what was it?

"What statement about xylem is correct" I can't really remember what the options were
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
For the cat question I put C, the mother is heterozygous. If H is the allele for short hair and h the allele for long, her genotype can only be Hh or HH as she is short haired and this is the dominant gene. If she was homozygous HH then all of the kittens would have at least one H allele, meaning that none would be born with long fur. As two were born with long and three were born with short, she must be heterozygous Hh.

I doubt that.the correct answer was
B.the question had the answer and not all pyramid of biomass are triangular.the question said a single tree (which will be represented by the smallest rectangle since it's single)is eaten by many caterpillars(which would be represented by a large rectangle).the caterpillars are eaten by small birds(which would be represented by a smaller rectangle than that of caterpillars) which is eaten by a bird if prey(which would be represented in top by a smaller rectangle).this question also appeared in 2009.hope you understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
"What statement about xylem is correct" I can't really remember what the options were

It was D, i think. Xylem is dead cells or something.

Quick Reply

Latest