The Student Room Group

How do I forget about her?

It's been a 10 months since she dumped me she still haunts my dreams. Oh, and she was the only one I felt comfortable discussing my feelings with. I simple cannot get her out of my mind and it's badly affecting my life.
Reply 1
Oh gosh :/ How long were you together?
That's harsh, I'm sorry man. Why did you guys break up?
Reply 3
Sorry about that. Why did she dump you?
Reply 4
How long where you together and why did she dump you? It's been about 8 months since me and my gf "mutually" broke up due to both families not agreeing because of different religions. We were together for 2 years. I think I'm over her but now I'm alone so sometimes I miss her :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by JokerGirl
Oh gosh :/ How long were you together?

It was a year and a half.

Original post by The_Dragonborn
That's harsh, I'm sorry man. Why did you guys break up?

Original post by Decerto
Sorry about that. Why did she dump you?

Well initially it was 'I want to be single for a while' at the time. I think it might've been linked to her going to uni, although I can't help but notice a few people who are still together despite going to separate unis. Also, She ended it a month and a bit before we had our long summer summer and I had the impression it was until she'd finished her exams and coursework (bit weird, but if it takes her mind off it), but then she didn't seem to want to resume it. She suddenly became very distant from me and when I managed to arrange a meet up in town, the first we'd met since when we were actually going out, she brings her friend with her, some bull**** about he couldn't get picked up so he'd be home alone, and doesn't even suggest a new time we can meet alone to, you know, talk about our year and a half relationship which can simply just end like that. We even barely talked during this meet, so I can't imagine why on earth she thought I wanted to meet her other than to talk privately.
Reply 6
Original post by ZRO
How long where you together and why did she dump you? It's been about 8 months since me and my gf "mutually" broke up due to both families not agreeing because of different religions. We were together for 2 years. I think I'm over her but now I'm alone so sometimes I miss her :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's terrible. :frown: I hope you find someone soon.
My advice is to kidnap her and keep her in your loft/shed/basement, even in a dog cage in a walk in wardrobe will suffice. Eventually youll get bored of her screaming/smell/presence and the rising cost of your foodbill as you struggle to keep her alive and you will want to suffocate her with an asda bag at which point you'll be over her and "single ready to mingle" hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AwsomePossum
My advice is to kidnap her and keep her in your loft/shed/basement, even in a dog cage in a walk in wardrobe will suffice. Eventually youll get bored of her screaming/smell/presence and the rising cost of your foodbill as you struggle to keep her alive and you will want to suffocate her with an asda bag at which point you'll be over her and "single ready to mingle" hope this helps :smile:

You champ!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Original post by Decerto
That's terrible. :frown: I hope you find someone soon.

I know :frown:.... Thanks I hope I do, it sucks being alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been 2 and a half months since my ex dumped me, it's been a very unpleasant time to say the least, especially finding out she has a new boyfriend.

I've ****ed up my chances of getting a 2.1, and now i am seriously struggling to get a 2.2.

I really hope i still don't feel bad in 10 months time. I assume you cut off contact a long time ago, if not, then that would be your first step.

I'm not in your position yet, i'm 7 months earlier down the line. All i can say, is try and focus on whatever is important in your life right now, i.e Uni, Work, Friends, Family etc and if you don't currently lift weights and do cardio, start asap. Improve yourself physically and mentally, then get out there and try and find yourself a new future ex gf :P I think you're long enough past it for it to not be a rebound, and while personally my ex made me feel like no girl would ever want me so i don't see it as an option for myself, you don't come off as having that problem, and i think the best way to stop feeling for her would be to start feeling for someone else..

Good luck my friend, and whatever you do, don't make my mistake and let it **** up your life.
Reply 11
It will be okey mate yano what ya should just do right i dont even know you but just go out with ya mates and get to know some one else then go on a few dates with them then ask them out it works all the time mate good look :smile:
It was 10 months ago, move on!
Original post by Rooster523
It was 10 months ago, move on!

Everyone moves on at different rates. Sometimes people inadvertently prevent themselves from moving on.
Time
Or find something that requires a lot of focus, and keep doing it, eg, instruments
Original post by Spetznaaz
Everyone moves on at different rates. Sometimes people inadvertently prevent themselves from moving on.

Correct, and some people see the need to move on once they've been told, rather than after hearing 'oh it'll be OK, you'll get over it eventually'.

Better to create a need to move on than consign oneself to moving on eventually.
Original post by Rooster523
Correct, and some people see the need to move on once they've been told, rather than after hearing 'oh it'll be OK, you'll get over it eventually'.

Better to create a need to move on than consign oneself to moving on eventually.

Yeah, fair point.
Oh man :/ I'm sorry to hear that; you will find someone else I'm sure, good luck out there.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me or something :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending