The Student Room Group

The angriest you've ever made a driver?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InnerTemple
3am on the M1 - nice and quiet. I approached a black Fiesta in lane 1 and overtook it. As I went to overtake, the Fiesta started to match my speed. I decided to pull back in behind the Fiesta. Said Fiesta then started to slow down, at which point I overtook. The Fiesta then overtook me in return, pulling in front of me before braking hard. I was forced to over take... this continued until both vehicles were pretty much at a crawl. The Fiesta eventually exited the motorway.

I still don't know what I did to annoy him/her. :frown:

Some "drivers" (I use the quotes because they plainly shouldn't be out driving) are extremely averse to being overtaken, it offends their pride or something. I was with my Dad on the M40 at night last year and he was doing the usual fairly high speed on that road on a quiet motorway. We passed a guy in a posh car, it was a Bentley I think, he had been cruising at a low speed, around 50. He immediately speeded up and passed us, then slowed right down in front of us, very dangerously. We dropped back and he did the same. He then sat right behind us and every time we attempted to move away from him, repeated the above. He did this all the way to the Oxford exit from near London. My Dad called the police but as far as we know, nothing happened. His attitude was "don't overtake my car".
(edited 11 years ago)
Some comments on this thread where people are basically thinking it's funny to behave in criminal, bizarre and dangerous behaviour on the roads, or to intimidate other drivers. It isn't, it results in premature death and life-changing injury, every day of the week.
Reply 82
Original post by Zuzuzu
Rather than being 'bullied', you increased the chance of an accident happening. No wonder the youth of today have sky-high insurance prices with people like you on the carriageways.

No, I refuse to be the victim of someone overtaking me on a single lane road, this is more dangerous to me!
Reply 83
Original post by Kutta
No, I refuse to be the victim of someone overtaking me on a single lane road, this is more dangerous to me!

So by blocking them, that is safer than just letting them go?

"Refusing to be a victim" is the same thing as "I'm a stubborn dickhead, don't dare overtake me"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iron Lady
In this thread we share our amusing stories in which we annoyed other drivers.

Fire away!

Mine: speeding behind someone, they had to go faster, they pulled to the side and gave rude signals (i.e. to symbolize "up yours" and the w-word) a high number of times. I responded by laughing.

I'd love to see you with an ASBO, it'll be hilarious.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Some "drivers" (I use the quotes because they plainly shouldn't be out driving) are extremely averse to being overtaken, it offends their pride or something. I was with my Dad on the M40 at night last year and he was doing the usual fairly high speed on that road on a quiet motorway. We passed a guy in a posh car, it was a Bentley I think, he had been cruising at a low speed, around 50. He immediately speeded up and passed us, then slowed right down in front of us, very dangerously. We dropped back and he did the same. He then sat right behind us and every time we attempted to move away from him, repeated the above. He did this all the way to the Oxford exit from near London. My Dad called the police but as far as we know, nothing happened. His attitude was "don't overtake my car".

Crazy. The funny thing was, the driver (like the one in your case) was driving at a fairly low speed.
Reply 86
I emergency stopped on the middle of a 3 lane roundabout because a pigeon landed in the road and wouldn't fly away. To say the guy behind was happy is the understatement of the ****ing century...
Not me, I'm nice to everyone on the road, but my Dad when I was in the car: We were stopped at some traffic lights and heard a beep behind us, because a car (blue) was trying to get into our lane in front of the car behind us (red) as they realised they were in the wrong lane. The red car beeped as he wasn't having it, so my dad decided to let the blue car in front of us, just to p*** off the red car. Didn't make the red car guy very happy at all, but it was hilarious.
Crazy. The funny thing was, the driver (like the one in your case) was driving at a fairly low speed.

I was just emailing with Dad about this and he says his theory is that some people are determined to "prove" that their car is unbeatably fast, whilst at the same time driving very slowly as a sign that they hold those who want to drive fast in contempt - it's heirarchical, dominance behaviour. He also has a theory that some people try to "police" the roads, attempting to punish drivers they think are going to fast, etc.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I was just emailing with Dad about this and he says his theory is that some people are determined to "prove" that their car is unbeatably fast, whilst at the same time driving very slowly as a sign that they hold those who want to drive fast in contempt - it's heirarchical, dominance behaviour. He also has a theory that some people try to "police" the roads, attempting to punish drivers they think are going to fast, etc.

Interesting theories and I think they both have merit.

On the second one, there was a TV program years ago (some sort of 'Police, Camera, Action' thing) where a motorist was going around telling other drivers off who she deemed to have done wrong. She would literally pull in front of them and to stop their vehicle before jumping out to educate them on the dos and don'ts of lane discipline etc.
Me and some friends were once on the M6 on our way to blackpool. We were chucking cans at other folk and later when we got a flat tire we realised that someone had chucked the jack out about 5 miles back up the road. So we made the **** go get it back.
Interesting theories and I think they both have merit.

On the second one, there was a TV program years ago (some sort of 'Police, Camera, Action' thing) where a motorist was going around telling other drivers off who she deemed to have done wrong. She would literally pull in front of them and to stop their vehicle before jumping out to educate them on the dos and don'ts of lane discipline etc.

I saw a bit of that! I was amazed she was still alive.
Original post by green.tea
Me and some friends were once on the M6 on our way to blackpool. We were chucking cans at other folk and later when we got a flat tire we realised that someone had chucked the jack out about 5 miles back up the road. So we made the **** go get it back.

:unsure:
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
:unsure:

'sup?
'sup?

One of your friends threw a car jack out of the window? :eek:
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
One of your friends threw a car jack out of the window? :eek:

Yeah. We all a bit drunk and were heading over there for a fight. We picked up these hitchhikers and us in the back were telling them dirty jokes and fingering them so we didnt notice when pete threw the jack at some ****.
Reply 96
Original post by SophiaKeuning
I'd love to see you with an ASBO, it'll be hilarious.

When I'm PM you will have an ASBO for advocating the Robin Hood tax.
Reply 97

They should have said that pulling in front of them is dangerous. The silly woman, probably a Labour supporter.
Reply 98
Yeah. We all a bit drunk and were heading over there for a fight. We picked up these hitchhikers and us in the back were telling them dirty jokes and fingering them so we didnt notice when pete threw the jack at some ****.

Da hell bro
Original post by Iron Lady
When I'm PM you will have an ASBO for advocating the Robin Hood tax.

If I could be Robin Hood, I so would.

And you?...

Anyway, I love how you remember my beliefs. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending