The Student Room Group

NEED NEW ANSWERS: Have I got the right idea with these grade boundaries?

In my AS Politics mock I got 55/80. I just went on the May 2012 AS boundaries and that would've been a low A. Am I correct?The link is here: http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2012.PDFMy teacher made the exam paper up so she just did 80%+ is an A, 70% is a B, 60% is a C and so on...Can someone (even if you don't take politics) clarify my calculations?Thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes, providing you're looking at the right grade boundaries. It's a low A but an A nonetheless.
Reply 2
Original post by Dr DaMan
Yes, providing you're looking at the right grade boundaries. It's a low A but an A nonetheless.

Good for no revision! I can't see how that's possible however. My marks on each question were B, B, C, B, C, and C.
Reply 3
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Good for no revision! I can't see how that's possible however. My marks on each question were B, B, C, B, C, and C.

Wait I hadn't read that she'd made the paper up, it may be different as she will likely have used questions from lots of papers, I'm not sure now mate as you could have had really easy questions or really hard ones and they don't release he boundaries for each questions. No way to tell mate, sorry.
Reply 4
Original post by Dr DaMan
Wait I hadn't read that she'd made the paper up, it may be different as she will likely have used questions from lots of papers, I'm not sure now mate as you could have had really easy questions or really hard ones and they don't release he boundaries for each questions. No way to tell mate, sorry.

Ah, ok. Thanks for your input :smile: Just to let you know that an A grade tends to be around 50 in all the past mark schemes I have looked at (even for papers with relatively easy questions). So I may have got an A! You never know... :s
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Ah, ok. Thanks for your input :smile: Just to let you know that an A grade tends to be around 50 in all the past mark schemes I have looked at (even for papers with relatively easy questions). So I may have got an A! You never know... :s

That is a safe assumption to make.

Now begins the revision :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
That is a safe assumption to make.

Now begins the revision :tongue:

What's your opinion on the boundaries? I have looked at every mark scheme back to Jan 2010 and the highest for Unit 1 was 54... So I would've been a mark over into the A?! Correct, or is it a UMS/some other weirdly calculated score on boundaries?

Yep, not hardcore revision yet (that starts Easter D:smile: :frown: I have nearly typed all my handwritten notes up for politics, then I plan to use them to make powerpoints, etc.
Reply 7
:bump:
Reply 8
Sorry to bump again :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest