The Student Room Group

Need urgent help, college/apprenticeship

Hello all,

I have decided that I really want to drop out of the sixth form I am currently studying at and move to a different type/place of education. I have made this decision due to the fact I 'Hate' where I am studying at the moment. I have been forcing myself through this sixth form process for months now and It's getting to the point now where I honestly struggle to even attend the place any more.

I feel like this is due to the fact I have already been at that school for 5 years as It was my secondary school and therefore I haven't had the ability to grow up, meet new people or gain new responsibilities as a person by staying on there. I have tried and tried again to carry on and move forward but I am just not having it any more.

I have always lived by wanting to be happy in what you are doing in life so I refused to sit and study in a place that makes me thoroughly miserable.

So what I'm really asking is, where should I choose to go next? I am new to the idea of college and apprenticeships. I would really love to study computing/computer science or ethical hacking (maybe even both) however I have no idea of where the best place to study these sorts of subjects is. I would really appreciate any help in choosing as I really don't want to drop out and having nothing to fall back on, I refuse to sit at home and do nothing with my life.

TLDR; I need help and advice looking for a college/apprenticeship course. I want to study computing/computer science or ethical hacking (possibly both). I live in Coventry, so area preferences please.
Original post by jamesrullzz
Hello all,

I have decided that I really want to drop out of the sixth form I am currently studying at and move to a different type/place of education. I have made this decision due to the fact I 'Hate' where I am studying at the moment. I have been forcing myself through this sixth form process for months now and It's getting to the point now where I honestly struggle to even attend the place any more.

I feel like this is due to the fact I have already been at that school for 5 years as It was my secondary school and therefore I haven't had the ability to grow up, meet new people or gain new responsibilities as a person by staying on there. I have tried and tried again to carry on and move forward but I am just not having it any more.

I have always lived by wanting to be happy in what you are doing in life so I refused to sit and study in a place that makes me thoroughly miserable.

So what I'm really asking is, where should I choose to go next? I am new to the idea of college and apprenticeships. I would really love to study computing/computer science or ethical hacking (maybe even both) however I have no idea of where the best place to study these sorts of subjects is. I would really appreciate any help in choosing as I really don't want to drop out and having nothing to fall back on, I refuse to sit at home and do nothing with my life.

TLDR; I need help and advice looking for a college/apprenticeship course. I want to study computing/computer science or ethical hacking (possibly both). I live in Coventry, so area preferences please.

Look into colleges near you. See what courses they do and see if they do any courses that interest you/are in the area you want to study. Colleges near you may also have information on apprentiships that you can apply for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending