The Student Room Group

Gcse maths edexcel resit

Hi guys,
im currently preparing for a unit 3 maths exam with will happen on the 6th of march. i know we all have atleast one chance to resit any exam however my school says this is the last exam you will do for maths, and if you still dont get the grade you wont you will have to do linear, however would i be able to go to another school as an external candidate and take it again in june? someone please get back to me soon. many thanks to everyone who replies
Reply 1
Original post by Gcsestudent101
Hi guys,
im currently preparing for a unit 3 maths exam with will happen on the 6th of march. i know we all have atleast one chance to resit any exam however my school says this is the last exam you will do for maths, and if you still dont get the grade you wont you will have to do linear, however would i be able to go to another school as an external candidate and take it again in june? someone please get back to me soon. many thanks to everyone who replies

Why would you want to re-take MOD3 again
What grade do you want

You can probably sit it at your school if you ask to pay for the entry
Unit 3 is terminal meaning you can only take it once, whereas you can retake unit 1 and unit 2 as many times as you like, hope this helps.
Reply 3
thanks for the replys, my teacher said he shouldnt think i should resit as he thinks i can get the grade i need on the last one, is it too late to go back and resit unit 1 or 2?
Reply 4
Original post by LordBradburn
Unit 3 is terminal meaning you can only take it once, whereas you can retake unit 1 and unit 2 as many times as you like, hope this helps.

Neither of those statements is true
Reply 5
thanks for the replys, my teacher said he shouldnt think i should resit as he thinks i can get the grade i need on the last one, is it too late to go back and resit unit 1 or 2?

If you need to resit either (or both) of those then you also have to re-sit Unit 3 as it is the terminal exam

Since that means you will be sitting >75% of the curriculum you may as well sit the linear
Reply 6
ok so there is no way i can take unit 3 in june at another school, and if i want to do modular examinations i will have to do them all again or just take linear. just to clarify. many thanks by the way
Reply 7
ok so there is no way i can take unit 3 in june at another school, and if i want to do modular examinations i will have to do them all again or just take linear. just to clarify. many thanks by the way

I do not think that you would be able to take a single unit at another centre

You could retake 1+3 or 2+3 or 1+2+3 or just 3 at your school if they let you and assuming that you have not used up your re-take chances on 1 or 2

If you were going to retake 2 or more units, linear would make more sense
Reply 8
ok i think i understand, many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest