The Student Room Group

Sorry its another one but...

..."theres this girl"

aaand, im really good friends with her. we're both single. but we're both good friends, we talk a lot and things to that effect. we can hang out alone and it isnt weird or awkward because we're very comfortable with each other
however
its not so nice because i like her terribly. i dont really know what to do, im sure others have been in this situation so what did/would you do? i cant go "cold turkey" as she is in my school and i have lessons with her.
id like to tell her, but only out of the 1% chance she likes me. but when she says she doesnt like me..is that our good friendship over? shes the kind of person who wouldnt ignore me after i told her, and would try to make things normal. but still..
what do you suggest?
please reply

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whitney Houston and George Michael - If I Told You That
Reply 2
um..yeah. thats actually kinda ambiguous. do they get together in the end?
its just i dont know if i should tell her or not. i kinda want to, but dont want to jeapordise our friendship. its like if i had a time machine id tell her, go back and just relive the day as if nothing had happened. make sense?
please. anyone help
Reply 3
please
Reply 4
2 options as I see it;

A Don't tell her, regret it later, wonder what could have been and hate yourself for not seizing the moment.

B (2 parts to the go for it option ) I : subtly work out if she likes you, up the flirting and work your way out of the platonic 'I just want to be friends' scenario

II Go for it by growing some balls (scuse the expression) and asking the girl out.. Worst case scenario? ya feel awkward with ya friendship for a while, but hey friendships come and go, love lasts forever.
Reply 5
im extremely tempted to just out it and tell her.
i wouldnt want everyone knowing about it though. but i mean, if i asked im sure shed keep it quiet. should i just tell her. straight out?
Reply 6
im extremely tempted just to out it and tell her.
i wouldnt want everyone knowing but im sure if i asked shed keep it quiet.
should i just "get some balls" :P and tell her?

III...speak to one of our good mutual friends about it?
Tell her flirtatiously at a party when you're both slightly drunk. That way you can suss out her reaction and see if anything happens. If its awkward then afterwards you can both just blame it on the alcohol.

Yes I know its a chicken way of doing it, but i think its worked for people before.
Reply 8
Anonymous
im extremely tempted just to out it and tell her.
i wouldnt want everyone knowing but im sure if i asked shed keep it quiet.
should i just "get some balls" :P and tell her?

III...speak to one of our good mutual friends about it?

Just tell her mate, whats the worst that could happen....
Do it and you won't regret it (I hope:redface: )
Reply 9
sod it

im gonna tell her
Reply 10
....right?
maybe i should wait til summer
Anonymous
sod it

im gonna tell her

Good for you. Hope you get the reaction you want.
Reply 12
hah, i wont :P
but i really want to tell her just...to tell her
should i even though im pretty sure its one sided?
Reply 13
Anonymous
hah, i wont :P
but i really want to tell her just...to tell her
should i even though im pretty sure its one sided?

Only one way to find out.....
go for it
Reply 14
yeah. i think ill tell her soon
thanks guys. if you wanna persuade me/talk me of it feel free...
Reply 15
yeah i say tell her. i mean i was in the same situation for like years with a friend of mine, and in the end i just told him, even tho i knew there were no feelings back in that way, and i said that to him.

but even tho, i would have liked the result to be different, telling him allowed me to get on with my life and stop dwelling on what could have been.

good luck with what ever you do.
Same boat buddy. Been in it for a while now. Keep telling myself it's not worth the risk. Do it soon and don't think about it or you'll keep putting it off.
shes the kind of person who wouldnt ignore me after i told her, and would try to make things normal.

What have you got to lose? Just tell her indirectly just in case she freaks out, like through a friend or on MSN!
Reply 18
yes. thanks a lot guys. i think im just gonna tell her. i dont know when though. i think when we both have a break during our exams. ill just tell her so we have a bit of time off school
Well, if you tell her and find she doesn't like you, you'll feel bad for a while and it might be a little awkward, but you'll feel better and be able to be friends again before too long, I should imagine. If you don't tell her, you'll keep feeling bad until you do, in which case you'd eventually be in the same position as if you told her now, or you'd never tell her and feel bad until you never saw her again, and then you'd regret it.

Latest

Trending

Trending