The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Computing - COMP3 11/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pixelfrag
Oh dear I am so unprepared for comp3. Is this the notes that someone posted earlier (the guide youre talking about)?

Yeah, it covers everything and in a good bit of detail.
Anyone have a good defintion/bullet points on device operating systems? The text book just gives a long paragraph but with no definitive definition!
Reply 42
Original post by JASApplications
Anyone have a good defintion/bullet points on device operating systems? The text book just gives a long paragraph but with no definitive definition!

Attached ppp with them & theres also some in the previously mentioned revision guide.
How does enforcing a minimum on a frame enable collisions to be detected?
Reply 44
Worked out that anything over 70% in the exam will give me an A - should be doable :smile:.
Original post by D-Box
Worked out that anything over 70% in the exam will give me an A - should be doable :smile:.

What did you get in COMP1/COMP2 and what are you predicted to get in the project?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by JASApplications
What did you get in COMP1/COMP2 and what are you predicted to get in the project?

I can't remember the exact mark for AS (my teacher has it noted at school, so they showed me), but it was something like 173/200. My project has been graded as 62/75 after being moderated by other teachers.
I got 176 for AS, but my coursework has been graded at 72/75 so I need an A for the a* I want.
Reply 48
Can someone please link me the notes/revision guide?
Reply 49
Does anyone have access to the ZigZag Education COMP3 resources (particularly the example past papers)? :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by GeoHall
Can someone please link me the notes/revision guide?

Revision guide is here. :smile:
Reply 51

Is this question relevant to the current spec? :smile:
Original post by LogicGoat

Is this question relevant to the current spec? :smile:

I haven't seen questions like that come up in any recent past papers, I'm pretty sure that's not in the spec. I've got a copy of it in front of me now, I'm highlighting what I know and I'm not seeing file arrangement on it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
I have no idea how to revise for this exam, I usually revise by past papers but I think COMP3 past papers are useless as the questions are significantly different in each paper and theres only 3 of them..
how is everyone else revising? :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by alphadawg
I have no idea how to revise for this exam, I usually revise by past papers but I think COMP3 past papers are useless as the questions are significantly different in each paper and theres only 3 of them..

Yeah, the past papers are pretty bad for learning from. I've been using the specification and going through to make sure I know the topics it has listed there.
Hey guys, I was wondering what UMS points and/or raw marks are needed to get an A* ? I found this link which was revised 12/03/2013 but theres no A* column :s-smilie:

Any ideas ?
Original post by foreverlearning
Hey guys, I was wondering what UMS points and/or raw marks are needed to get an A* ? I found this link which was revised 12/03/2013 but theres no A* column :s-smilie:

Any ideas ?

I heard from my teacher that as opposed to other subjects which tend to be 90% in the A2 exams, computing is only 85%
Reply 57
Original post by alphadawg

Unlike other exams, I think revising theory is much more important than past papers for COMP3 :s-smilie:

I'm just going to revise the theory through going over notes etc, then do the examination style questions and pastpapers, and finally revise the areas I lost marks on :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by A Wise Ninja
I heard from my teacher that as opposed to other subjects which tend to be 90% in the A2 exams, computing is only 85%

Nope, it's 90%.
Reply 59
Original post by foreverlearning

Any ideas ?

It's 90% UMS average across Comp 3 and Comp 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending