The Student Room Group

A2 psychology?

So I'm currently doing psychology at AS, I was just wondering if someone can give me insight as to what is covered in A2? Thanks:biggrin:
Reply 1
Which exam board do you have?
Reply 2
i did AQA but I dropped it after AS, the essay and just everything looked too hard :redface:
Original post by xTashax
So I'm currently doing psychology at AS, I was just wondering if someone can give me insight as to what is covered in A2? Thanks:biggrin:

Psychology is a fascinating subject! Are you doing AQA? I'm currently in A2.
Reply 4
Yeah i'm doing AQA:biggrin:
Reply 5
Well I was in college a few years ago and also did AQA psychology. (It probably is the same topics i'm assuming?)

-Unit 3 Topics for A2: Biological Rhythms (e.g. sleep), Perceptions, Relationships, Aggression, Eating behaviour, Gender, Intelligence, Cognition and Development

-Unit 4 topics for A2: Psychopathology (depression, schizophrenia, anxiety), Media Psychology, Addiction, Anomalistic Psychology, Research Methods.

(3 topics will be studied from each unit per term, usually under the choice of your teacher)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
doing AQA A, my teacher picked the topics (Eating behaviour, biological rhythms, relationships and schizophrenia + media + research methods at unit 4) and i love them because i love psychology :biggrin:
the only main difference is that essays are longer so you need to know things in depth and evaluations are more complex and you get more marks for it :smile:
I do Eating Disorders, Relationships and Aggression for PSYA3 and Schizophrenia, Media and Research Methods/Statistics for PSYA4. Do you know yet what A2 topics you may be studying next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
I'm not sure, i'm doing psyAQAB1 and AQAB2 now I think so my topics may be different
Reply 9
Original post by xTashax
I'm not sure, i'm doing psyAQAB1 and AQAB2 now I think so my topics may be different

Ah you're doing AQA Psychology B. What I wrote and what the others wrote, were the topics for AQA Psychology A. So your topics are more likely to be different in A2.

Out of interest what topics are you doing for AS in psychology?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ice cube
Ah you're doing AQA Psychology B. What I wrote and what the others wrote, were the topics for AQA Psychology A. So your topics are more likely to be different in A2.

Out of interest what topics are you doing for AS in psychology?

AqaB1 was gender development, research methods and Approaches, now i'm doing B2 which is social influence, anxiety disorders and memory+forgetting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest