The Student Room Group

University interview. Nervous, and what to wear?

Hi! I'm currently on a foundation degree course. I applied for the top-up Year 3 course at the same University so I can get a full degree in the subject.

It said take along a portfolio. How big should this be? It's graphic design and photography related so should I take along some work from my current course? How much should I put in it?

Also what should I wear? Would a shirt and new looking jeans look okay? Just smart/casual? Someone I am going with said he is wearing a suit... full on tie and jacket. Would that make more of an impression? I'm not really a suit person and I don't really feel comfortable in one. For my interview at M&S I wore a suit, but that's a job. I would wear a suit for a job interview.

What do you think? How much and what should I wear?

Reply 1
Unis often have tips on their websites for portfolios, such as these. Have you checked the uni website to see what they are looking for?

A suit may seem OTT, but it is important to make a good impression. It's better to be over dressed than under dressed.
Smart casual is fine. You don't need to wear a suit. I'd say dark jeans and something other than trainers, but I doubt they'd actually care whatever you wore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending