The Student Room Group

kissing without tongues?

Scroll to see replies

I have never understood the point of kissing without tongues.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Your opinions/experience?

I prefer without tongue purely because when it goes to tongue some women are not so good although that said I am not 100% sure I am good at it either but when one or both the people in the kiss are bad with tongues, surely you'd prefer without, no?
Reply 22
Original post by Maid Marian
I can't imagine how people kiss with tongues. Do you just sort of stroke their tongue with yours, or do you sort of attack it and poke at it. And what happens when you need to swallow? :confused:

I've never kissed anyone, as you can guess.
It feels weird....cant explain it, thats why i prefer no tongues
Reply 23
In theory pretty disgusting, in reality very good, particularly during sex..
Reply 24
So there's this guy who's really sweet and everything but he kisses without tongues (even during sex) and I don't like that at all. It is such a feeble kiss and feels so empty and ridiculous. When I broached the subject, he just told me that it depends on preference and apparently it's not unusual? It isn't?!

All the other guys I've kissed have used tongues so I was just nonplussed and surprised the first time he kissed me and I just don't like it at all.

You said you spoke about it to him, but how did you talk to him about it? Why don't you just explain how you like to kiss, and teach him?
Personally my boyfriend and I don't kiss with tounges very often, but when we do its all with passion, so it feels a bit OTT if we were always to kiss with tounges

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DbC62XPqgk

This video explains alot of stuff, and is pretty funny at the same time :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
So there's this guy who's really sweet and everything but he kisses without tongues (even during sex) and I don't like that at all. It is such a feeble kiss and feels so empty and ridiculous. When I broached the subject, he just told me that it depends on preference and apparently it's not unusual? It isn't?!

All the other guys I've kissed have used tongues so I was just nonplussed and surprised the first time he kissed me and I just don't like it at all.

Mine doesn't, but I kinda wish he did...
Just talk to him again and tell him you like it and ask to maybe try it? Surely he won't refuse :smile:
Some people kiss with tongues some people don't there's no right way to do it or natural way to do it. Some people don't like it some do. All you can do is try introduce him to it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
I do think it is just up to a person and their own preferences. Some people like it, some people don't and some prefer a mixture. If you really that bothered about it, talk to him, but don't force it on him. Maybe he has a trauma from the past? I don't know :>

And so I guess for you there has to be a compromise made, if both of you want to be happy.
Reply 29
I prefer it without tongues... maybe they're just bad overall.
I must be the only person here who alternates between tongue and no tongue when I kiss. Too much of either one isn't good.
Reply 31
I prefer kissing with tongues tbh :erm: Find it a lot more exciting, but washing machine syndrome is a no no. Kissing isn't really that difficult. You just need to start of gentle and gradually become more passionate. That's the best way imo.
I've never kissed without tongues, well I have when it's like a quick peck or something but I don't really understand how a long kiss would work without tongues :tongue: luckily, all the guys I've kissed have used their tongue!
I understand the preference thing. You can have great kisses without tongues but you still have to actually kiss properly.

Personally, I think tongue can be really hot, but mostly I prefer a little tongue and no tongue is better than having someone's flopping around in your mouth like a wet fish. URG.
Reply 34
My partner used to be a bit too enthusiastic and would shove his tongue down my throat. As much as i liked his desire, i had to politely point it out... he now doesn't use tongue at all :rolleyes: I don't overly mind though, a meaningful, passionate kiss, tongues or not, is lovely :smile:
Original post by Maid Marian
I can't imagine how people kiss with tongues. Do you just sort of stroke their tongue with yours, or do you sort of attack it and poke at it. And what happens when you need to swallow? :confused:

I've never kissed anyone, as you can guess.

Lol! This made me chuckle. I suppose it is odd when you think about it, but honestly, it just comes naturally so you dont even have to think about it. When you need to swallow you just pause, swallow and go back to it (and you can swallow whilst closed mouth kissing, i.e. a 'normal' kiss). There are many different techniques people like to try when kissing, but the majority of the time its just a slight touch of tongues and retreat. Just do what you're comfortable with - there isn't really a wrong or right way! (:
Reply 35
Original post by llessur123
I must be the only person here who alternates between tongue and no tongue when I kiss. Too much of either one isn't good.

Nope. Not the only one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd take that over someone who automatically turns into a car wash with their tongue. Why do some boys do that??? Do they seriously think someone would enjoy it?
It's quite normal, as he says, it just depends on preference. I was with my ex boyfriend for one a half years and we rarely rarely used tongues, but the kisses were just as intense. However, other boyfriends/ flings have used tongues. It totally depends, just try telling him that you enjoy it more with tongue, or just try and slip it in when you're kissing ha, and hopefully he'll realise and start using it more :smile:
Reply 38
That's a load of bull...

It's how you use your tongue and mouth on the other person that indicates whether you are a bad kisser. A bad kisser is someone who just sticks it in there thinking that if they get it down far enough they've scored or someone who moves their mouth so fast without any technique on the other person that they can't get a breath.

A good kisser is someone who can synchronize their mouth, tongue and breathing in a way that is sensitive at first then grows into a passionate kiss. A bad kisser can't do these things and seem to poke and attack the other person when it's all about taking your time and enjoying the experience.

I've had bad experiences with guys; one example, he sunk his lips on me with so much force he almost knocked me out and sucked on my lips so hard I literally punched him to get off
I've also had very good kissers who know how to use their tongue in a gentle but passionate way; where both sets of tongues roll of each other; again knowing how to use your tongue, mouth and how to breathe at the same time is important.

I personally prefer tongue :smile: But a gentle kiss is OK... for a first date or random little peck up the street... but as for her having sex and wanting the passion.... I feel for her.
Reply 39

Yeh, I find that quite weird, I go for french kiss even with girls I dont know at all in nightclubs all the time and with the whole in bed thing, would be kind of rubbish sex without some real kissing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending