The Student Room Group

Extremely Frustrated - SFE

Hey TSR community!

I am absolutely frustrated with Student Finance England, I applied just over two months ago, when applying the process was fast and I had my declaration form sent to me within two weeks.

The Uni I applied to was Bournemouth, but then later on I was able to get an offer from another which was my preferred choice.

I then returned to the website to change my course, I entered all the details into the new form clicked 'next' then I was presented with 'error contact SFE for further details', so I did.

I then got in contact with them, the staff were very friendly and the process was quick and easy, he informed me he had put in a manual request for CoC(change of circumstance) and that It would be changed in 7-9 working days. I thought great! I'll check back later.

So, 9 days later I checked, - nothing. I then called them again, and this time they advised I had not given enough details the first time, so I did the manual CoC form again. Another 7-9 days had passed I checked again, nothing had changed.

I contacted them again for the third time, again the advised me I had not given enough information to make the change, so again I put in another CoC and gave it 7 days.

Today 7 days has passed, I checked my online application to find 'application cancelled'. I couldn't believe it! So I called again, the operator informed me I put in a manual request for my application to be cancelled, he then checked the notes section on his side, and saw the previous times I called I asked to change course, he claimed to completely understand my situation and that he would work hard to solve the problem.

I feel frustrated, tired, and sad. How can an organisation as large as SFE muddle things up on this scale? From my point of view, the system they are currently using is not effective, this company is handling the futures of thousands of applicants a year, when can this change?

Can anyone give me advice? has anyone else had/having similar problems?

Kind Regards
Cihan
Reply 1
They were pretty crap in my first year. I applied for SF in may 2010 but didnt get my first instalment until January 2011. All sorts of things were messed up and I remember it took 6 weeks each time to correct something that has gone wrong.
One thing I remember clearly was when I put down my step mums job , SF for some odd reason thought she was a partner in the business that she worked for. My step mum had to ask her employer to write a letter to say that she was just an employee not a partner.

Anyway, the letter was wrote and sent of, 6 weeks later there was no change to my status on my on line application so I phoned up and asked what was going on and they informed me that my step mums employer didnt print his name under his signature therefore they couldn't accept it. It then took another 6-7 weeks to get a new letter written, sent and processed.
It really was ridiculous and there was nothing to suggest my step mum was a partner on the business in the first place. So that was 3 months spent on one unnecessary problem.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending