The Student Room Group

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Could someone please explain to me the stages and plotting them in the stage builder, i have read the scenario now about 6 times and cannot get my head around them. The scenario talks about 3 stages, The sprint Stage, and the two climb stages. Other than this there are no specific details about the other 3 stages. I have got the map and have plotted the points using the sprintclimb sheet but do not know what im suppossed to be plotting for the 3 stages we dont know much about and also the 3 stages were given details for. Any usefull help on this, however small would be great help as at the moment this is really the only thing im cannot get to grips with.
Reply 81
I just found some possibly useful videos that may help some people, which is by the same person that assisted me in January. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsd5rTmv714
Reply 82
have a look at this video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsd5rTmv714
Reply 83
So if the scenario states all this information for us to enter, what can they ask on the exam that would be any different? Something like you can only pass through a town Max of 5 times? I just don't see how much can change this time round as everything you need to enter is given on the scenario!

Maybe they've made the exam considerably easier....
Reply 84
I presume there may be another activity relating to results and who came first etc. my teacher said that there is an unseen question which will come up aswell. also it may ask you to play around with the model eg change things....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Jayqwe

Thanks this was great help! :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by Taz1838
So if the scenario states all this information for us to enter, what can they ask on the exam that would be any different? Something like you can only pass through a town Max of 5 times? I just don't see how much can change this time round as everything you need to enter is given on the scenario!

Maybe they've made the exam considerably easier....

I wouldent bet on it, if Gove still has anything to do with it
Original post by dxrampagexb
hi guys, the "climb Calculation" need to have more than 9 or equal to 9 %
"Climb > Cat 1
Climb > Cat 2"

>=9% for category 1 climbs
Reply 88
One more thing I found out: on the main stage builder page, towards the right hand side of the screen where the town information section is, you have to do a sum formula to count the number of times you go through each town. The thing I found out is that, within the 'range' you do not include the last colum!
Can someone pls explain me how you figure out the stage builder place? and if anyone completed it can you please give me all the formula you did >.<:confused::biggrin:
Original post by MPharm 123
One more thing I found out: on the main stage builder page, towards the right hand side of the screen where the town information section is, you have to do a sum formula to count the number of times you go through each town. The thing I found out is that, within the 'range' you do not include the last colum!

how did you work out what places to put for stage builders?:confused::s-smilie:
Original post by Dr. Know It All
Don't lie... the window begins on the 20th of may

Yes you are right. Window opens on the 20th May and that is when I have the exam :angry::angry:
Original post by Jayqwe

Thank You (Y) Helped me out alot for Monday's exam
If I have any notes I'll help you guys
I have made notes on the scenario sheet
I will scan it and upload it later today or 2morrow
I have Maths S1 Exam now :frown:
Can someone help me with the sprint next to the stage builders. I keep getting #N/A for stage 2 and stage 5 what does #N/A mean? :confused:
Original post by catheralexandra
Can someone help me with the sprint next to the stage builders. I keep getting #N/A for stage 2 and stage 5 what does #N/A mean? :confused:

In my experiences with the spreadsheet, this is because one or more of your checkpoints do not follow the map route. Notice that when you choose a checkpoint you receive up to four choices using the drop-down menu - these are based on the previous checkpoint in the route. Your problem may have been caused by you modifying a checkpoint without changing all of those that follow. To resolve this, refer to the map featured in the May pre-release. Run down the list of checkpoints and ensure that they are consecutive. Best of luck!

James
(edited 10 years ago)
Good luck with this exam all!

Show the examiners what you can do!

This exam shouldn't be an issue.

Always remember to address relationship structures first then begin the importing. You should have learnt how to determine each table to minimise data duplication.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've seen a few posts questioning moderator actions here and wanted to offer some clarification. What where posts have recently been removed from this thread, this is following a request directly from Edexcel, who have confirmed to us that the materials which these posts were seeking to share should not be available. This thread was temporarily removed while we investigated, but has now been restored. Please do not use TSR to facilitate the sharing of such materials or to discuss these. I strongly suggest that you do not attempt to share any exam materials, at least until the exam window closes next Friday. This includes using private messages, visitor messages, etc.

As a reminder, this thread will be closed at the start of the exam window on 20 May and will remain closed until the window ends. During this period, no discussion whatsoever of this exam should take place on TSR.

If you have any further questions about any moderation action, please post in Ask A Moderator and we'll be happy to help you there.

Good luck to all who are taking exams!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by catheralexandra

It means that a value is unavailable.

More information on the link below.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/na-HP005209188.aspx
Reply 98
Hi guys, I have my exam tomorrow but last minute panic has set in.

On Stage Builder sheet, in cells I12:N12, there is a dropwdown that appears saying 'Normal' and 'Length'. Does anyone know how these are meant to be used? Or what do they mean?

In the formulas that my teacher gave us to use these cells, she said to use =countif(I12:N12,"Climb") to be used in cell I17 and a similar one in I19, but they basically seem useless.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
Reply 99
A few findings from a hard day yesterday. Basically, the scenario wants 2 climb stages, of average 9%/7% or over. The spreadsheet can't differentiate between the 2 values so cat 1 also flags as a cat 2.

The scenario also says a cat 1 and a cat 2 is a climb, aswell as just a cat 1, but the spreadsheet says "2 cat 1's and 2 cat 2's", another thing that needs a solution by itself.

I would also suggest checking all formulas if something lets you press "enter" after typing it all in but the formula isn't picking out the correct values. Before the exam everyone has the opportunity to make sure they are aware of how to use the formulas and really there are no excuses in the exam, especially considering there is 10 + students here contributing potential problems

Taz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending