The Student Room Group

Marathon bombers - did Radical Islam really play a part?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FCI
i dont beelive the 'deradicalisation of 'Islamic' extremists' is possible- there is a mental or character flaw to become radicalised by islam in the first place, its a one way street.

So you think you're an adequate judge of who is human and who is not? You are also a threat to society. What gives you the right to de-humanise people? It is that superiority complex which is responsible for perhaps most acts of terrorism. Your ability to have firm and rigid beliefs makes you more susceptible to committing acts of evil than an open-minded person. How do you respond?
His tweets are all about Islam. His FB page is all about Islam.

it's obvious radical Islam played a part in this. Only a Muslim or an apologist wouls deny this. In fact, his first re-tweet is from a Muslim and his favourites include tweets about Kuffars & Jihad.

https://twitter.com/J_tsar
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by slickrick666999

it's obvious radical Islam played a part in this. Only a Muslim or an apologist wouls deny this. In fact, his first re-tweet is from a Muslim and his favourites include tweets about Kuffars & Jihad.

You are just making stuff up. I haven't found a single tweet on Islam. Link to fb?
Reply 83

All I needed to know that he is far removed from militarism is that he follows Mufti Ismail Menk (top tweet). That leaves about 1% doubt in my head about Islamic influences, and about 5% doubt over the possibility of his (wilful) involvement in the bombing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Jingers
Yet people still find him important enough to talk to.

So much for the uncle. The media are now reporting that the younger brother, now in custody was an engineering student, popular with teachers and classmates. The older brother has been described as a "devout Chechen" (dunno what the means).

The media will talk to anyone with an opinion and a remote connection in these circumstances. Accuracy and reliability tends to come second.
Original post by Chindits
Umm, but they planted bombs to target innocent people. The hallmark of Islamists.

And nationalist groups like the IRA. And Christian extremists like Eric Robert Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh and all the abortion clinic bombers. And right-wing extremists like David Copeland and Anders Breivik.
Original post by Captain Haddock
And nationalist groups like the IRA. And Christian extremists like Eric Robert Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh and all the abortion clinic bombers. And right-wing extremists like David Copeland and Anders Breivik.

That is miniscule in comparison. Not even worth discussing. A few nutters blowing up abortion clinics to an issue which is active worldwide.
Reply 87
Original post by Captain Haddock

Not quite. The IRA, yes. As a catholic terrorist group they targeted innocent civilians. That was a centralised terrorist group with a command structure and specific political grievance.

McVeigh targeted the government which resulted in civilians killed. Copeland targeted homosexuals. Breivik targeted the government and leftists. Abortion clinic bombers target those behind abortions.

Islamists have taken it to a whole new level.

I think the moment I realised that Islamists are the most depraved of all was an incident in Iraq. The 'palestinians' are the pioneers of modern day Islamic terrorism. It's not just terrorism, there's a cynical element to it that knows no bounds, no red lines, no morality.

The incident in Iraq was of an Iraqi being killed by Islamists. The Islamists contacted his family and told him they can have his body back for burial.

As the family carried his body away, it exploded. The Islamists had removed his organs, filled him with explosives and stitched him back up.

The depravity of that act alone, shows we're dealing with a totally different animal.
Reply 88
Original post by Chindits
Not quite. The IRA, yes. As a catholic terrorist group they targeted innocent civilians. That was a centralised terrorist group with a command structure and specific political grievance.

McVeigh targeted the government which resulted in civilians killed. Copeland targeted homosexuals. Breivik targeted the government and leftists. Abortion clinic bombers target those behind abortions.

Islamists have taken it to a whole new level.

I think the moment I realised that Islamists are the most depraved of all was an incident in Iraq. The 'palestinians' are the pioneers of modern day Islamic terrorism. It's not just terrorism, there's a cynical element to it that knows no bounds, no red lines, no morality.

The incident in Iraq was of an Iraqi being killed by Islamists. The Islamists contacted his family and told him they can have his body back for burial.

As the family carried his body away, it exploded. The Islamists had removed his organs, filled him with explosives and stitched him back up.

The depravity of that act alone, shows we're dealing with a totally different animal.

The Palestinians have a specific grievance-they want a recognised state. Don't forget that the Israelis started out as a terrorist/freedom fighter movement fighting British rule in the name of Zionism in the wake of the Holocaust. They admired and copied people like Michael Collins and the IRA (original, as opposed to Official, Provisional, Real or Continuity or whatever other guises dissidents take).

You are using these outrages in your post to blur the lines between al-Qaeda style fundamentalism which seeks Sharia law in Islamic states and views the rather vague, broad notion of western imperialism as the barrier to that and hence it's enemy and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation- a legitimate UN recognised orgainsation that has diplomatic relations with many nations.

You're attempts to blur the lines between al-Qaeda and Palestine is very cynical.
Reply 89
Original post by FatboyGinger
You're right, but I am going take a stab and say that no one in the world has been raped or killed in the name of atheism.
Islam on the other hand...

That's a justification that is wrong, Murder is one of the 4 big sins in Islam. My point was anyone can use any ''justification for anything'', if somebody killed in the name of Christianity they would be branded as 'mentally ill' or something like that. Proof:
“And whoever kills intentionally, his punishment is Hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.” (Surah an-Nisā’ 4:93)

Original post by Am I Really Here
Muslims carry out attacks in the name of their religion, they are inspired by their religion, and they use their religion as the reason and justification for their attacks. They believe they are fighting the good fight, because it's what their religion requires. They praise their God and they ask their God to bless them and protect them during their attacks.

Christians and atheists do no such thing. I'm sure you can now see the difference.

“And whoever kills intentionally, his punishment is Hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.” (Surah an-Nisā’ 4:93)

The religion strongly strongly condemns violence, so this justification should be shown in the media as wrong, that this had no affiliation with the religion but the Daily Mail and The Sun keep spewing the same old ignorant garbage.

Christians certainly do, but they are described as either 'evil', 'mad' or 'mentally ill'. It's how the media twist things that infuriate me.

The difference is, of course, that we never deliberately target children or women. Any women or children killed, die because they were attached to terrorists and enemy soldiers. If we refuse to accept the deaths of any women or children then we can't fight them at all. They explicitly target women and children, and kill as many as they can. If they could kill thirty rather than three, they would do it in a heartbeat. In contrast, we would do anything to kill three rather than thirty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/11/us-soldier-kills-afghan-civilians

What was that?

What would you have us do? Invade Syria? A country with ballistic missiles, anthrax, ricin, huge amounts of Soviet technology. The Iraq war has cost America trillions of dollars, and there is very little to show for it.
The opposition in Syria and not all freedom fighters. Many are islamists who fight for Al-Qaeda and yearn for an an islamic state. They care not for democracy or human rights.

Maybe, but the world should not watch as thousands are massacred every day.
Original post by Mr Advice
It's the world we live in. But rest assured, justice will be served and fully. No one shall be wronged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inshallah.
Reply 90
Now it has emerged that one of the brothers attended a party after the supposed bombings? A Jihadist at a party just after a bombing mission? Hmmm

Btw you might want to read some tweets by a friend of Jahar:

https://twitter.com/TroyCrossley

And many other friends state similar.
'I think their religion was merely a coincidence and could've easily been Jews, Christians, Hindus, Shintos, Pagans or Buddhists' - said no-one ever.
Reply 92
No one has yet addressed my question. Why would a radical Jihadist who supposedly hates the West and its freedoms, attend parties, smoke, associate with non-Muslims etc?
No, its just plain "hatred", the hatred that can exists in all mankind,if not understood, those that give in to it, try to justify the hatred within them, by giving it another secondary name, a way of trying to Excuse themselves, and their actions,
But it is plain simple "hatred" And hatred is just one of the human senses, in action,
It usually comes from many issues in their lives, they just use one issue to express it.
Original post by cheetahs56
That's a justification that is wrong, Murder is one of the 4 big sins in Islam.Proof: “And whoever kills intentionally, his punishment is Hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.” (Surah an-Nisā’ 4:93)

I think you know perfectly well that the true quote is below:

But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment.

Do not change quotes. You will not get away with it. You know that Islam sees the kuffar as grossly inferior to a follower of Islam, and that violent against them is encouraged. Please do not pretend otherwise:

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves…
Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides, whom ye may not know.

Strive hard (Jihad) against the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge indeed.

The religion strongly condemns violence, so this justification should be shown in the media as wrong, that this had no affiliation with the religion but the Daily Mail and The Sun keep spewing the same old ignorant garbage.

Lies. Absolute lies. You can find passage after passage, after passage encouraging violence against all sorts of people. The justification is not wrong. There is plenty in the Koran, which if it is believed, makes it clear that violence is the right path against the kuffar.

Christians certainly do, but they are described as either 'evil', 'mad' or 'mentally ill'. It's how the media twist things that infuriate me.

The media twist nothing. Your religion is evil. Those who carry out acts of terror in its name are evil. They are tolerated by the wider community, because the community knows very well that the Koran encourages what they are doing. Only those who are fully westernised, who no longer believe that this bile is literally true, understand how evil it is.
(edited 11 years ago)

But then what about the younger brother??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Only on TSR would left wing dullards scramble over each other to hide the fact that Islam played a part in terror (once again).

You are spineless apologists for evil.
Reply 97
Original post by theskyisblu
But then what about the younger brother??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would be pretty easy for his old brother to pressure him into something, especially if they are quite close.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending