The Student Room Group

How are you revising?

Hi,

My method of revision is by making notes, however, I have come to feel that this isn't working anymore as I'm not really taking much information in.

What do you suggest to overcome this issue, and how are you revising?

I'm not really into flashcards or highlighting / using a thousand different colours, I just make the notes.

Max.
Make notes of notes and blue tack them all over your bedroom wall!!
Reply 2
Original post by louisjevans

Totally agree!

Also try making revision cards - they should be condensed notes though! With only main points. And then try reading over the points and see if you can elaborate and explain it to yourself on a regular basis. It helps me a lot :biggrin:
Reply 3
I record myself reading out my notes and then I listen to them every other day, repetition is key. But you actually have to actively listen, not just stick it on and go on facebook/TSR/etc :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Miss Charli
I record myself reading out my notes and then I listen to them every other day, repetition is key. But you actually have to actively listen, not just stick it on and go on facebook/TSR/etc :tongue:

This was an idea I was considering doing actually... It would also be a lot quicker to listen back to notes than it would be to re-read them... if that makes any sense.
Reply 5
Original post by Miss Charli

I tried this it was sooo boring aand my brain just switches off
Reply 6
Original post by louisjevans

Yes one of the best ways to do it! Colour coding will also help! Read over and highlight important points. Write keywords and stick them on your wall and flash over them every day.
Reply 7
Original post by diggy
I tried this it was sooo boring aand my brain just switches off

Yeah mine does too if I have anything to distract me. But the good thing is I can play it over and over and it will go in.
Reply 8
Original post by Abcmsaj
This was an idea I was considering doing actually... It would also be a lot quicker to listen back to notes than it would be to re-read them... if that makes any sense.

Yeah it does make sense. The act of recording them is revision, then the act of listening is as well. But like I said in my previous post, you have to actually concentrate and not just mess about on TSR or facebook :tongue:
Reply 9
Practice to the point where I can recite (in my head) the relevant knowledge and evaluation without my notes then past papers/questions! :smile:
Stare at the page to remember the layout then re-read information to try and remember it.
Reply 11
Original post by __Student__
Stare at the page to remember the layout then re-read information to try and remember it.

I do that...works like magic...

Posted from TSR Mobile
My idea may seem ridiculous but you basically have the whole revision guide in your head. This has only been effective for me for Science but haven't really tried it for any other subject
Reply 13
Original post by Dpdr
Practice to the point where I can recite (in my head) the relevant knowledge and evaluation without my notes then past papers/questions! :smile:

Ahh good 'ol rote learning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _max_k
Hi,

My method of revision is by making notes, however, I have come to feel that this isn't working anymore as I'm not really taking much information in.

I'm not really into flashcards or highlighting / using a thousand different colours, I just make the notes.

Max.

Talk to yourself. I try and memorise my notes verbally, but if they are so long that I can't I memorise the key points and then talk myself through it. For me it works wonders.
Reply 15
During revision I lock myself in the conservatory so I'm as far away as possible from the civilised world. Depending on the subject... I usually go through past papers and exam questions. In my opinion, it's the most effective method of revising. I rarely take down notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _max_k
Hi,

Max.

When I revise I find that writing the same point down three times is enough to get it stuck in my head so that if that point was to become an answer on a question paper I'd be able to remember it well enough to just write it down straight away :smile: remember the rule of 3 it works trusts me!
Original post by Kentucky
During revision I lock myself in the conservatory so I'm as far away as possible from the civilised world. Depending on the subject... I usually go through past papers and exam questions. In my opinion, it's the most effective method of revising. I rarely take down notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the complete opposite of you as all I do is write down what I need to know 3 times and then after that I've gone over it enough for it to stay in my head in time for the exam! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending